9 Months Out. Here are my regrets.

luxurycouture
on 11/3/15 4:48 pm

Zero. I have zero regrets.

Many weight has come off slowly. I have lost 75lbs since surgery in February. I often wonder if it's coming off too slowly, but I try to keep the mindset that it's a marathon, not s race + my nutritionist likes where I am at, what I am doing + what I am eating.

Its true what they say- the weight loss slows down as time goes on, so exercise is so important. After shedding a few pounds in the beginning, I mustered up courage to participate in group exercise. I now do yoga, go to the gym + go to swim aerobics regualarly. Swim aerobics was a big deal because of the bathing suit thing. But hey, it's with s bunch of older ladies who have saggy boobs, so who can judge! Haha. Just kidding! It actually has been fun and I am getting all of the invites to the big events- knitting with Janice on Wednesdays, lunch on Fridays and all of the church yard sales. Lol, it keeps it fun!

Yoga is hard, but good. My body feels good after 90 minutes of stretching and strengthening + the poses are getting easier. Seeing and feeling my body change and get stronger has been slow, but great.

Shopping: well, I work in a fashion setting so I have always been a shopper. I am enjoying it more than ever and I can't stop! Haha.

My promise to myself is to not have a short memory. When I have that moment of weakness, I try to go back to the times that I was nearly 300lbs and couldn't fit in a chair with arms or couldn't bear to look at myself in the mirror. Al the effort I put into getting the surgery- the appointments, the paperwork, the phone calls. I was desperate for surgery + I promise not to take it for granted. I have been surrounded by Halloween candy lately + to be honest, I slipped a little. It's easy to pop a Snickers mini in your mouth without even thinking. But I am aware that it didn't curb my hunger and only made me feel guilty. My relationship with food is a slippery slope, but I want to stay grounded. And I will.

Healthy eating + exercise is and will always be part of my lifestyle + my identity + I am committed to living a happy, healthy + fulfilling life.

Life is what happens to you while you?re busy making other plans. ?John Lennon

Doublewide66
on 11/3/15 6:25 pm
RNY on 03/13/15

Keep up the great work and positive attitude

Kathy S.
on 11/3/15 7:52 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You're doing GREAT! Did you ever think the day would come where you would say 75 pounds lost was slow? Take it one day at a time and before you know it you will be at goal.

I was about 25 pounds from goal and had been losing pretty well and all of the sudden it stopped for 9 weeks, yes you read that right 9 weeks. I tried to focus on that one day eating right and moving my butt off. Finally the scales started moving again and never stopped.

We can't wait for your updates!

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/4/15 3:46 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

When I saw the title of your post - I asked myself if I had any regrets - the only thing I could think of is that I should have asked for the video CD of my surgery.

Onward and downward.

Sharon

Neesie57
on 11/4/15 6:47 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Most Active