Poop smells like previous nights meal?

coreysmom
on 1/17/16 4:45 am - Indianapolis, IN

hello everyone!

rny 2009. As of recently my poop smells like my previous evenings meal. I'm thinking this is a sign of malabsorption? And my poop floated.

i am going to contact my PCP about this. In the past I have had malabsorption issues but have had recent labs and all were in normal range. I did a cleanse for a colonoscopy last week could the cleanse have caused me to loss some key nutrients for absorption? Also does anyone take a probiotic?

thanks!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/17/16 7:24 am

As gross as the post is... Lol..

When I had colonoscopy - my guts was still very reactive and I was going more. 

Foid Transition time 24 hrs is IMO - ideal. Probably you do have some low digestion and malabsorbtion, but I would not worry about that unless That would last for more that 2-4 weeks. Or unless you are undeweight and can't afford to lose any more weight... 

Colonoscopy prep probably cleaned you up, so there is no build up...and constipation. Normal people go like that... Enjoy when it lasts. 

And probiotics can be really helpful... Not only for digestion but for overall gut health. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

coreysmom
on 1/17/16 8:36 am - Indianapolis, IN

Thanks H.a.l.a B. 

I didn't add that the meal was meat pizza. 

Even after all of these years out I still don't know what normal is and when to call dr versus when not to.

Do you have a probiotic that you'd recommend? Seems every time I get stomach upset.

thanks!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/17/16 8:56 pm

Unfortunately the really good ones are expensive. 

I personally take Align or VSL#3. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/18/16 8:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Cleanses don't do a damn thing. Doubtful that it affected any nutrition.

Floating poop can have many causes. Lots of fiber, lactose intolerance, or extra fat in your diet. If in doubt, call your doctor.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active