My Fitness Pal Premium?

timeforthis
on 1/24/16 10:37 am

If you use MFP premium, would you tell me if you think it's worth the money?  What benefit do you get?  Thanks!

joanne0658
on 1/24/16 12:10 pm

you can put in calories per day plus % for protein/carbs/fat (all nutrients). . . . . no pop-ups.  i like it . . . but it truly isn't necessary.

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

TrulyPhoenix
on 1/24/16 12:22 pm - Calgary, Canada

I have premium, and feel it's definitely worth it for me.  I tried it out for a month and really liked it, so I changed my subscription to annual which works out to only about $5/month.  It gives me a much better view of my macros, so that I can make changes to my diet whenever necessary.  It gives a breakdown of exactly where each macro is coming from, so if I'm over my sodium I can see all my foods listed for that day/week from the highest sodium to lowest.  Or if I'm low on my protein and want a snack, I can see exactly what my best protein sources were from the past week to help me make my goal.

Here is the full list of features:

Ad-Free
Focus on meeting your goals without distraction

Exclusive Content
Articles and tips available only to our premium subscribers

Macronutrients by Gram
Set macronutrient goals by either gram or percentage

Food Analysis
See which foods you've logged are best and worst for you

Quick Add Macronutrients
Quick Add users can now add macros to their calorie entries

Different Goals by Day
Set custom calorie and macronutrient goals for any day of the week

Exercise Calorie Settings
Track exercises without increasing your calorie or nutrient goals

Home Screen Dashboard
Easily keep an eye on your nutrient goals rather than focusing solely on calories

Priority Customer Support
Premium support requests are handled as our first priority.

timeforthis
on 1/24/16 1:47 pm

Thank you for the info!

timeforthis
on 1/24/16 1:47 pm

Thank you!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/25/16 4:26 am

Unless you have some surplus income - I would use that money , as little as it is for things like new clothes, extra massage or add to my "plastic fund account"

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active