Gallstones anyone?

Jen031114
on 2/17/16 9:56 am

I had my VSG two years ago, and lost 150 lbs the first year.  While I still have a ways to go, I've often read that gallstones can be a problem after losing weight rapidly??  

Last night after dinner I started feeling a VERY intense pain in the very center of my upper abdomen.  After a couple of minutes it was so bad that I had to get up and walk around and was shivering!  I was moaning and so worried!  But after 15 minutes or so it went away.  I was able to sleep last night... but then again this morning after I ate I am experiencing a milder version of that same pain.  

It isn't in the "right" side of my abdomen, or in my back.  I keep reading the symptoms of gallstone pain, and my pain is directly in the center, below my breastbone.  

Could this be the problem?  Could it be something with my sleeve?  :(  I haven't felt pain like that since I had my last kidney stone, intense and burning!  

Dan1962
on 2/17/16 10:13 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Sounds like it to me.  Lower back and right behind my rib cage.  I had mine out at 13 months.  Dr can do an ultra sound and figure it out in short order.

hollykim
on 2/17/16 11:54 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 17, 2016 at 5:56 PM Pacific Time, Jen031114 wrote:

I had my VSG two years ago, and lost 150 lbs the first year.  While I still have a ways to go, I've often read that gallstones can be a problem after losing weight rapidly??  

Last night after dinner I started feeling a VERY intense pain in the very center of my upper abdomen.  After a couple of minutes it was so bad that I had to get up and walk around and was shivering!  I was moaning and so worried!  But after 15 minutes or so it went away.  I was able to sleep last night... but then again this morning after I ate I am experiencing a milder version of that same pain.  

It isn't in the "right" side of my abdomen, or in my back.  I keep reading the symptoms of gallstone pain, and my pain is directly in the center, below my breastbone.  

Could this be the problem?  Could it be something with my sleeve?  :(  I haven't felt pain like that since I had my last kidney stone, intense and burning!  

yes, I had pain right between my breasts when I had stones.

Bob-47
on 2/26/16 5:38 pm

I just had my gallbladder taken out on Wed. My symptoms felt the same. Mid chest pain, nausea, bloating feeling after eating or drinking anything. Did not have stones but have lost over 190 pounds since Feb. 2014.  Best of luck to you.

Most Active