Starting some appointments with surgeon

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 2/29/16 11:14 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Went to an info session for Dr Wizman in South Florida

Found out I cant use my insurance as its excluded in my policy so would be cash pay

Process at the surgeons is a meeting with a physician assistant, then another meeting with the surgeon

Both are free, so figure I may as well do them and get some 1on1 time for questions on VSG vs RNY 

Not sure what to do... VSG is $10,900, RNY is $17,000

Mexico isnt ruled out... I just really want to have a support system (meetings, etc) thats local. Granted, this surgeon and meetings is 1.5 hour drive.

We shall see... Appointments are 3/9 and then 3/22.

White Dove
on 2/29/16 12:26 pm - Warren, OH

What would you pay for a decent used car or truck?  Is your health as important as a vehicle?

1.5 hours is not a very close support system.  There are excellent surgeons in Mexico. 

I am glad you are going to get more information.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 2/29/16 12:28 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I don't understand lol. Are you saying that it's too much ?

White Dove
on 2/29/16 1:03 pm - Warren, OH

I am saying that it is very reasonable.  My RNY was paid by insurance.  $45,000 for the surgeon and another $6,000 for the hospital.  My co-pays were about $3,000.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 2/29/16 1:04 pm, edited 2/29/16 5:06 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

ok just curious, i dont think its bad, either. but at the same time, if i use a local surgeon the main reason would be for the support, which as you said isnt very close

White Dove
on 2/29/16 1:30 pm - Warren, OH

If you go with them, just make the commitment to be a regular meetings.  Support is very important.

Sammy_85
on 3/1/16 5:55 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/19/16

I had my surgery in Tijuana through Tijuana Bariatrics with Dr. Fernando Garcia and had a great experience. It cost me $4,250 for a VSG, not including the flight. If you do your research and talk to past patients, you can definitely find a highly skilled surgeon in Mexico. Good luck in your decisions!

Most Active