Mindful Eating on TV today - OWN 1pm ET (Sunday 3/13)

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 3/13/16 4:15 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I haven't seen the program yet, but on Oprah Winfrey Network's Super Soul Sunday program, the topic will be Mindful Eating.  I have taken a course in Mindful Eating and it teaches skills to slow down, savor, stop when you are full, and identify emotional eating. 

1:00pm (ET) Super Soul Sunday Oprah and Bestselling Author Michael Pollan: Mindful Eating
Read more:  http://www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-sunday/Oprah-and-Bestsel ling-Author-Michael-Pollan-Mindful-Eating#ixzz3VuFTjOrI    

Sharon

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/13/16 8:31 am

Yea.. I put Oprah and Dr Oz in the same category... 

I can mindfully eat a huge bag of candies...one at the time... Savor it. Then move to the second bag... At least I used to could.  Most of them used to be natural and or organic... 

I think most of us learn mindful eating post op WLS. And if we don't, we either get sick and/or gain weight. 

Mindful eating for me is to avoid eating my trigger foods - like bread, pasta, sweets...and concetrate on food that is on my plan.  And the qties of the food.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 3/13/16 11:11 am, edited 3/13/16 4:17 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Whatever works for you, and perhaps this isn't for you.  Not saying it is.

It maybe a process for some to get back into healthy eating, and that is why I posted it.  If it's not for you ignore it.

Sharon

Most Active