In Need of some Advice...

Angela_Dean
on 3/22/16 9:29 pm - Canada

Could NOT figure out how to copy and Paste this Blog I just wrote so had to make it a picture...

Angela        
NYMom222
on 3/22/16 9:50 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am sorry, that sounds horrible... I know you said you went to Drs...did you go back to the bariatric surgeon? Did they do an endoscopy? Just wondering, thinking a bariatric doc might have more of a clue.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Angela_Dean
on 3/22/16 10:00 pm - Canada

I got the in the USA, Im from Windsor Ontario Canada and was one of the last people they sent over there for the surgery, sadly It is near impossible to see my Dr that did the surgery on me, also I dont have a passport to go over. The closest Dr to me is 5 hours away and Im looking in to finding one that may be able to help me. 

That is the only test I haven't had, besides a MRI. I have asked my family doctor many many times to please send me for one but all my other tests say there is nothing wrong with me so He will not send me for an MRI. its very frustrating and I always feel like giving up. I thought that for sure an MRI would show the problem but seems impossible to get one unless there is something currently "wrong with me" He seems to think loosing 70lbs and my periods is no big deal I guess... Sorry to rant just very frustrated and hoping for anyone to relate or maybe help me figure this out and start living again

Thanks for responding :)

Angela        
CMR1075
on 3/23/16 12:10 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

Your general doctor sounds somewhat of an ass not to consider the bariatric surgery as the culprit for the possible pain/problems. Sorry for being so blunt about it but he's ignoring what you are concerned is the problem and instead of setting up the test to rule it out, he is ignoring it. If I was that doctor, I would be calling the surgeon for you to discuss the issues and see what he recommend considering your extenuating cir****tances of not being able to travel to the US at this time. I'm sorry you are going through all of this. Maybe it's time to find another doctor that can help you. Maybe suggest he/she call your bariatric surgeon. It all comes down to your health and unfortunately, we have to be our own advocates at times. I hope they can rectify this for you soon!!!

Angela_Dean
on 3/23/16 8:39 pm - Canada

I totally agree with you. He's like 80 years old and barely knows who I am when I come in. Sometimes he dosent even remember I've had gastric bypass. I'm currently on the hunt for a new Dr. Here in Ontario there are not too many to choose from or will accept me and my case. But I indeed have been looking. 

I actually have an appointment tomorrow to see him again and I will suggest he call or at least fax over the files from that horrible night. Thanks for the suggestion! Now getting him to do it will be the hard part. So frustrating.. Thanks again for the message and input!

Angela        
hollykim
on 3/23/16 8:11 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 23, 2016 at 4:29 AM Pacific Time, Angela_Dean wrote:

Could NOT figure out how to copy and Paste this Blog I just wrote so had to make it a picture...

what does a day of eating look like for you? Has your gallbladder been checked?

i, personally, would be getting myself a passport and going to see my surgeon if I had to pay for it myself.

Angela_Dean
on 3/23/16 8:50 pm - Canada

I eat mostly vegetables, egg whites, zero noodles, sugar free jello, and I can tolerate about 3oz of lean meat.

Not gonna lie, I'm lucky to get 700 calories a day. 700 is a good day. Most days are more like 550-650. I have developed a fear of food because of the pain that comes with eating it.

To list a few foods I dump almost immediately from are...

milk, cheese, eggs, most red meat, potatoes, rice, pasta,  bread, anything at all that is sweet, any cereal, oatmeal, any juice, corn, and the normal bad foods like deep fried anything, processed anything, protein shakes, even hummus.. The list can go on forever...

I am currently in the process of applying for the passport. Enough is enough.

thanks so much for replying and for the input! Everyone has been so helpful! I'm so glad to be back on this site! 

Thanks again

Angela        
Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 3/23/16 9:09 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Get a passport and a new doctor.  This has been going on for too long to be nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_dumping_syndrome     Here is a Wikipedia article which gives a few tips.  I googled Extreme severe dumping gastric bypass

Sharon

tinacristina
on 3/23/16 9:39 am
On March 23, 2016 at 4:09 PM Pacific Time, Sharon0055 wrote:

Get a passport and a new doctor.  This has been going on for too long to be nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_dumping_syndrome     Here is a Wikipedia article which gives a few tips.  I googled Extreme severe dumping gastric bypass

Go as soon as you can. You should not be in this situation. Something is wrong and you are right the MRI would show. You need a new Dr. Please get someone else to help you get this resolved. You are suffering and I feel bad for you. I do hope you keep us posted. 

Angela_Dean
on 3/23/16 8:55 pm - Canada

Thankthens so much! I too have googled over and over for any type of answers to my issues. I've had my gallbladder, kidneys and pancreas checked with an ultrasound and all came back normal...

I indeed have been looking for a new Dr. Finding it to be harder then I thought. And yes I too am currently applying for a passport.

Thanks so much for the help and for responding to me! Everyone has been so nice and helpful! Very great full! Glad I came back to this site!

Thanks again!

Angela        
Most Active