Calorie intake

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/10/16 6:10 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Most people very quickly for first few weeks to a month. After that, it slows down to a steady pound or two per week. Just sick with it!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

emelar
on 6/8/16 12:18 pm - TX

It's a balancing act, and you may have to experiment to get your best practice down.  But in general, the longer you can maintain the biggest calorie deficit, the faster the fat comes off.  I'd try sticking to 800 and not "eat back" any workout calories.  As several have mentioned, the estimates for calorie burns are usually way off from reality, and all you do by eating them back is slow down your weight loss.

If you're feeling hungry:

1.  log what you're eating.  Are refined carbs making their way back in your diet?  Sugar?  These two will make you hungry.

2.  increase your fluid.

3.  take a tums or a pepcid when you feel hungry just in case it's acid mimicking hunger.

4.  keep repeating the mantra - Hunger Is Not An Emergency.

If none of that helps, increase your calories incrementally, maybe 50 a day at a time.  Find the lowest intake that'll keep you functioning and in good health.

Finally, a word about exercise.  Exercise is wonderful for your heart.  It's good for circulation and it keeps you limber.  It's not so good for controlling your weight.  So keep doing it, but don't make it a major part of your weight loss calculations.  Hope this helps a bit!

CMR1075
on 6/8/16 7:59 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

Very little carbs - I stay clear of them. I was a carb addict before and not going back on that path. The only carbs I eat are what is in my veggies or protein drinks/bars. I know I don't drink enough water....it's been a struggles since day one. I do take a acid reducer, but not daily because I felt like I didn't need to cause I only am experiencing the heart burn every few days. Maybe I need to take it daily. 

Theduffman27
on 6/8/16 1:05 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

I agree with all posters that encourage you to take full advantage of the honeymoon period. I did not work out much the first 9 months. I would recommend taking full advantage of this early period. I would do light cardio, but not enough to alter your calorie intake. If it were me, I would avoid adding until I hit goal. many valid point in responses. Good luck , however you choose to proceed.

CMR1075
on 6/8/16 8:03 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

Thank you all for your information. I really appreciate it. It's what I needed to know. I will try and drown my hunger with water till I figure out what the deal is. I for sure want to lose - quickly. Never was I a fan of losing slowly as you guys could probably have guessed from previous posts. Your willingness to share information is why I love being part of this forum. Thank again everyone!!!

Most Active