3 days out/first night home

April Parker
on 6/23/16 9:57 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Well the gas is getting better and thank god for those Gas strips, but I dont have any of my pain meds. Walmart didnt have enough for my prescription and that was the only form of payment I had at the time. (Walmart gift card) When the bf gets home from work today we will go get them. I've been taking Tylenol and that makes the incisions and rearranged innards just bearable.  I can deal with that. What I hate most, is being so thirsty and not being able to gulp water. I want cold ice water so bad, and sips are not really helping. But I remember what I always say. "This won't last forever." Oh I cant wait to feel normal again. I have had the buyers remorse, but only for a second. Head hunger is definitely there. On my way home I was excited for a moment in thinking we could stop for food. But remember I couldn't and there was disappointment.

Sorry for the whiny post. It's all I can muster at this point, lol. Just so exhausted. Going to the bathroom feels like a days work! I couldn't pee on my own for the first day. It's better now. Uhhh I think thats all. So disorganized. Just like it is in my head. lol

Oh doc said I have an inguinal hernia. Never heard of that, but I have been wondering what was going on with that spot for years. If I sneezed or coughed there was immense pain. Has many dr appointments, ultrasounds, nobody knew what it was. They felt a bulge but couldn't see anything. They ended up saying it was scar tissue from cysts popping. oh well. Now we know.

Surgery weight was 264.4. Too tired to keep typing. Will post  a happier update soon. lol

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

riridigi
on 6/23/16 10:11 am
RNY on 06/20/16

I'm on day 4. 1st day home. My gas too has gotten better  thats why I stayed an extra night. I was in so much pain and could not eat anything. While watching tv ads for steak and food it literally makes me sick to my stomach. I have no interest in food what so ever! If I could just not eat I would be on my glory. Food doesn't work well. I agree with the water thing. Omg I want to down a bottle. And the not drinking while u eat is killing me! That's truthly the hardest thing for me still.  

Kelly L.
on 6/23/16 10:32 am

Welcome to the losers bench!! 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/23/16 10:35 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I have no clue if we'll ever be able to gulp water, but I dont think so? Thats been tough for me, too. I used to grab a bottle and slam the entire thing

At 4 weeks post op now (VSG) I am able to drink an entire bottle in maybe 10 minutes. Take two swallows, set down, wait 30 seconds, repeat.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

KansasPrincess
on 6/24/16 5:33 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

you will be able to just not chug the whole bottle . I can take normal size drinks at 8 mo post op VSG and have been able to since probably 2 or 3 mo. post op... you are making great progress chris. just sip sip sip.

HEIGHT 5'6" HW: 422.7 CW: 267.8 SURGERY DATE: 10/15/15 GW:160-170 VSG IN TIJUANA MEXICO WITH DR. JAIME PONCE DE LEON- REVISION TO RNY WITH DR. J. STEPHEN SCOTT, KS. 10/16/18

SkinnyScientist
on 6/23/16 2:59 pm

You know, you are the THIRD PERSON i have met as of late in which the pharmacy didnt have enough to fill the script.

That happened to me on my first day of lyme treatment and it happened to my husband with some anti-nasaua [sic] pills.

I thought it was just CVS but Walmart too?

Makes me wonder why they are keeping their stocks so low. Antibiotics and pain meds are relatively common things...

Just saying.

Hang in there. It gets better

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/16 4:29 am

We too have had issues getting prescriptions filled but than goodness our pharmacy will give you what they have on hand and fill the rest the next day when the order comes in.

April Parker
on 6/24/16 2:27 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Walmart said they could do that but I would lose the rest of the prescription. Um, no. What if I need them? I just went to Walgreens lol. Why in the world wouldnt they be able to give the rest later? Sounds crazy right?

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/16 3:32 pm

I use Rite Aid which is our only local pharmacy other than Walmart. They give me what they have and just order the rest. I don't lose anything off my prescription. If it expensive then they GIVE me enough for two days and by then the rest will be in and I pay. If it is a cheap generic they give me what they have on hand. All these things just shouldn't be as hard......

April Parker
on 6/24/16 2:24 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

I was thinking there must be a lot of people in my area in some major pain... Lol. I just went to Walgreens and got them. I dont really like the way Percocet makes me feel, but its much better than that pain.I took a half when we picked them up and thats all I've need ever since. At this rate I wont need them in a few days at all!

Most Active