Vomiting, but...

swim_bike_smile
on 6/23/16 3:54 pm
RNY on 06/13/16

So, today I vomited after eating tuna fish.  I had about 4 "heaves" (idk what else to call it) and the last one was bright red, approx 1 T.  Now, yesterday (24 hours ago) I ate some red sauce.  Would it stick around in my pouch that long or should I be concerned?  What should I do?

White Dove
on 6/23/16 4:06 pm - Warren, OH

You should not be vomiting and should be concerned, your pouch empties out in about one hour.  Call your doctor.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

swim_bike_smile
on 6/23/16 5:24 pm
RNY on 06/13/16

Thank you so much!  I spoke with the surgeon on call and he said that I may have irritated my staple line.  If I am feeling sluggish, have heart palpitations, or weak, I am to go to the ER, but we are OK to just monitor for now.

White Dove
on 6/23/16 9:07 pm - Warren, OH

Be very, very careful.  It is possible for the staple line to leak, especially this early out.  One sign of that is bleeding from the rectum.  Hopefully this is nothing, but I am so glad you did call.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NHPOD9
on 6/24/16 1:40 am

I'm glad you called your doc.

I'd go back on liquids for 24 hours to quiet the irritation in your pouch. You might be advancing your diet too quickly, even if you are following your doctor's plan. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Valerie G.
on 6/24/16 4:38 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Have you been cleared for solid foods only 9 days out from RNY?  Most are on a liquid diet for a few weeks.  Definitely call the doc.  You may have injured something.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

swim_bike_smile
on 6/24/16 6:17 am
RNY on 06/13/16

I am advancing everything per Dr's orders to a T.  I'm too paranoid about injuring myself to go rogue :)

Most Active