Pureed stage beginning tomorrow

z_m14
on 7/15/16 1:39 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

Tomorrow begins my two weeks of puréed foods. Not going to lie, I'm kind of excited to eat some food - albeit puréed.

What did you eat during your puréed stage? I'm thinking of doing that ricotta bake and making a decent serving so that I can save it and have it for many different meals. I also heard that re-fried beans are good. 

What are some good ideas so that I'm not just eating cottage cheese and applesauce? 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/15/16 2:08 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I ate a lot of greek yogurt, sometimes with a little bit of sugar-free jam on top.

Pureed lentil soup was pretty good too!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

JaxLiving
on 7/15/16 2:53 pm - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

I liked to purée Wendy's chili, and it has lots of protein! 

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

z_m14
on 7/15/16 2:54 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

Wendy's chili does sound good!

hollykim
on 7/15/16 4:51 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 15, 2016 at 8:39 PM Pacific Time, z_m14 wrote:

Tomorrow begins my two weeks of puréed foods. Not going to lie, I'm kind of excited to eat some food - albeit puréed.

What did you eat during your puréed stage? I'm thinking of doing that ricotta bake and making a decent serving so that I can save it and have it for many different meals. I also heard that re-fried beans are good. 

What are some good ideas so that I'm not just eating cottage cheese and applesauce? 

you can purée anything on your approved list.

Donna L.
on 7/15/16 6:04 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I hit 80g of protein every day on pureed, because every liquid or puree I ate had protein as the base.  I was paranoid about it, though, heh.  

I ate:

• Pureed cottage cheese with seed-free fruit blended together.
  • Greek yogurt with various toppings (also soft/pureed toppings).
  • Cold ricotta with either a bit of sweetener or more savory.
  • Chicken thighs slow-cooked and then pureed (cook with garlic, shallots, and other seasoning of your choice.
  • Sweet potato mashed with protein powder.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Donna L.
on 7/15/16 6:31 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Oh, forgot to add if you puree meats, make sure to add some water or broth.  Dry food = unhappiness.  I still dip most lean meats in broth a year out.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

April Parker
on 7/15/16 10:05 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

There was this Butternut Squash and Red Pepper soup that I ate, oh it was heavenly. I still will eat it even though I am allowed to eat non pureed stuff. I just added salt. I got it from my mom who got it from Aldi. MMMMM and you could add non flavored protein powder if you have some.

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

SkottiRNY
on 7/16/16 8:38 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 07/07/15

I had pork chops and cauliflower. After I pureed them, I put them in cube trays to freeze for another time. 

Cheers,

Skotti 

"Not every day is Fantastic, but at least I have the opportunity to live every day." ~ Skotti RNY

My YouTube Channel

HW: 419 lbs August 2014  - SW: 340 lbs - GW: 219 lbs 

RNY July 7, 2015

Most Active