Back to work tomorrow

z_m14
on 7/24/16 2:46 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

It's time to go back to work tomorrow since my surgery. I'm a little anxious but also excited to get back into a routine. 

When you went back to work, were you exhausted by the end of the day? I think this is what is going to happen to me.

JaxLiving
on 7/24/16 3:56 pm - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

Yes, I was exhausted at the end of each day for the first couple of weeks, but it got better and better each day! You can make it! Good luck!

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

kathkeb
on 7/24/16 6:57 pm

Yes, and to be honest, since I work from home, I took a short nap in the middle of the day.

Try to have easy to eat proteins ready for dinner so you can come home and crash if you need to.

Kath

Laura in Texas
on 7/24/16 7:10 pm

Yes. I was exhausted for a while. Be careful not to eat any new foods while at work.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

G2GAWAY
on 7/24/16 10:35 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Yes, I was exhausted by the end of the day. In fact, I took 1 hour of sick time each day for the first week (but I had only taken 2 weeks off of work).  Came home very night and laid down and took an hour nap or so. You will get through it and then will feel so much better.  It too****il about 6-1/2 weeks for me and then my energy returned and just got better and better every day.  It is all worth it.  Just be patient. You had major surgery.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/25/16 5:23 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

20 days later you should be pretty good. I was back to work after 5 and only reason I went home is I got sick from eating breakfast too quickly. Dont know what kind of job ya have, but you should be good if its pretty sedentary :) Have fun and good luck!

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

stacyrg
on 7/25/16 2:10 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I revised from VSG to RNY on 7/1 due to GERD.  I took a total of 8 work days off.  I went back to work the day after my 1 week follow up and worked 8 hours for 2 days (I'm an attorney and typically work a 12 hour day).  Starting last monday I went back pretty much full time.  By Friday, I was exhausted, slept through my alarm and was an hour late to work.  I agree with everyone else, you can go back but try and take it easy and don't try new foods at work just in case it doesn't agree with you.

z_m14
on 7/25/16 2:43 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

Hey, all,

Went back today and felt good afterwards. I was a little nervous at first about getting sick while at work, but I was fine all day. I actually got in the majority of my fluids while at work.

I should clarify that I am a college student on summer vacation and only working part-time at a grocery store, so my schedule isn't as intense as some of yours. It was an adjustment being on my feet for eight hours and constantly moving around, and I am sore and tired, but I feel good because I went back and wasn't sitting in the house all day. I'm off tomorrow, so all in all, it's not too bad. 

Valerie G.
on 7/26/16 4:58 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You're ambitious to return so early!  Your body is still healing, so I would expect you to be pretty tired when you get home.  Have your family lined up to continue the household duties for a few more weeks.  I would also recommend having someone double-check you if you're doing any critical thinking at work.  Many find they make mistakes they never did in the past.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active