Horrible 'gas pain?' attacks of what?

rissa1224
on 10/17/16 8:17 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

So, a few times I have had these "gas pain" attacks as I call it. 

I feel a pressure build up in my solar plexus, and I just know its coming. It feels like my insides are being squeezed like an orange, I cant breath. I feel like I need to curl in a fetal position and someone is stabbing me. It's so hard to breath from the pain? If anyone has had a 'gall bladder' attack, its worse than that.

Now, I have had my VSG Dec 2012. I had my gallbladder out March 2013, and my appendix out August 2013. 

I had a really bad attack (before on Friday night) in February of this year, and wound up in the hospital because it was one attack after another. It turned out I also was having a stomach bug at the same time (from a birthday party I was at 2 days before and 70% of the people got the bug). I had another attack a few months ago (but I drank beer, and ate really badly on a small vacation to Boston, so that was my fault).

This past friday I had 2 full blown attacks. I have eaten extremely healthy as I should be for a VSG patient. I had an endoscopy in Feb of this year due to how many attacks i had before i gave in and went to the ER. Didnt really get a FU visit with the doctor but on the phone he said 'maybe celiac, maybe a gluten thing'. Well, I am at a loss for words. I am making an appt to see that doctor again to actually do more talking in person, but I wanted to reach out to you all to see if anyone else has had this happen? Or any idea what the heck is wrong. It is extremely painful, and scary. 

Kathy S.
on 10/17/16 1:23 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I am sorry for all you are going through. Sounds terrible.  I have never had this happen but if this doctor you are going to is not a Bariatric surgeon I would suggest going to your surgeon or at least speak to them on the phone to see if they think this "could" be surgery related.

Keep us posted on what happens and good luck

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/17/16 6:40 pm
I could think of 10 things off the top of my head that it could be (other than gas).

You should go to your doctor- insist that they do not shoo shoo you away- get some type of catscan or MRI, get blood work run, make sure that you don't take "no"for an answer.

If the pain comes back run to the emergency room.

Scott
Most Active