What rule(s) do you not follow?

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/17 9:26 am, edited 1/24/17 1:26 am
VSG on 10/11/16
On January 24, 2017 at 5:24 PM Pacific Time, odie wrote: On January 24, 2017 at 5:12 PM Pacific Time, LittleBillJr wrote:

Odie, I put up a short one in the rarely frequented Off Topic forum.

I don't see that forum!!  How do you get to it?

At the top of your screen, click on the Forums tab, and then go to the bottom right of the pop up window to all forums.  Then scroll down until you see Off Topic. There is a reason it is not frequented very much.  ;-)

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/21/17 6:27 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Well, unfortunately, I must be a   because I do follow all the "rules" -- and have for three years.  

The only thing that I didn't do was to avoid drinking before eating for 30 minutes and using a straw.  However, my surgeon differed from the Bariatric center in these rules and did give me permission to ignore both of them -- so I wasn't discarding any rules.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

seattledeb
on 1/22/17 3:13 pm

Losing weight that first year I was a robot too. I had a goal weight to get on the transplant list. I lost almost 200 pounds in 18 months.

I got that this was my chance and I held on tight. You never get that precious first year back.

Rules I don't follow...taking enough multivitamins. 

Hiraeth
on 1/23/17 8:31 am
VSG on 08/04/16

Nothing wrong with that! I wish I was as disciplined as you!

odie
on 1/21/17 6:58 am
RNY on 05/26/14

Unfortunately, I did not get any rules from my surgeon.  So I have broken ALL of the rules other people have gotten which is probably why I have regained 13 pounds!!  Thanks to this site, I am doing things different now and will get down to my goal!

To Thine Own Self Be True!!

Hiraeth
on 1/23/17 8:34 am
VSG on 08/04/16

Wow, your surgeon didn't give you any rules? o.o Well, I'm glad you have found the proper information here and are working on getting back on track! 13 pounds may seem awful, but they're really not so bad. It's definitely better than gaining back over half of your weight, which is what I have seen in some people. Good job! Proud of you! :)

Barbsleeved
on 1/21/17 3:20 pm
VSG on 08/22/14

I still eat too fast, drink carbonation and struggle getting all 64 Oz of fluids in sometimes. Otherwise I'm pretty good at following the big ones like waiting to drink after meals, protein first, and vitamins. Exercise is a big part of my life, also. 

I think there's guidelines, and we eventually figure out what guidelines are absolutely working for us and steadfastly stick to them. Others guidlines may have a little wiggle room. 

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES. 

Hiraeth
on 1/23/17 8:41 am
VSG on 08/04/16

I agree 100% about which guidelines work for us. Vitamins definitely work for me. I can feel like total dook, but as soon as I take my Vitamins (especially B12), I feel SO much better. Even before I had WLS, my Vitamin D levels were severely low; like in the red zone (below triple the amount needed). So, now that I'm getting all my needed Vitamins (including Vitamin D), I feel so much better.

Gosh, I can't even take a sip of a carbonated drink without making a sick face, lol. Carbonated drinks taste horrible now. They did say our taste would change, so I guess mine changed with carbonation. But I'm not complaining, haha. :)

Bonroxie19
on 1/21/17 7:28 pm

I do chew gum

I once in awhile mindlessly grab a cookie or something that i should not be putting in my mouth.

but  99% of the time

protein first

lots of exercise 

no drinking with food

RNY best thing i ever did for myself

Bonnie RNY 2/11/15 by Dr. Takahaski

5'3" SW 230 pounds, GW per Dr. Takahaski 150 pounds, CW 132 pounds (10/1/17)

BMI 19% Bod Pod test 1/29/17 13.1 mile half marathon, 1 hour 59 mins (8/21/2017)

Hiraeth
on 1/23/17 8:42 am
VSG on 08/04/16

If you're getting in lots of exercise, then I'm sure that cookie isn't such a big deal. Proud of you! Keep it up! :)

Most Active