My 600lb Life

Robin
on 4/10/17 2:13 pm - Walled Lake, MI

Did anyone watch my 600lb Life with the Assanti brothers and what did you think?

Robin

Readyjwc
on 4/10/17 3:03 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Hi:

There is a thread on Part 1 here somewhere. A few of us talked about it.My daughter went onto Steven's blog page after the show. He was actually in Dr. Phil's house (show house) in 2012. He was there because he disliked thin people and he was paired with a girl that disliked obese people. Dr. Phil made him help the maids clean the house because he felt Steven was lazy, mean, and manipulative. In the end, the girl was congratulated for coming to terms with her judgmental behavior and stated that she now gets to know the person before jumping to conclusions. Dr. Phil stated that she probably dislikes Steven now just as she would have prior to knowing him because of his behavior.

Dr. Phil gave Steven one more chance....we all know how that ended.

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Robin
on 4/10/17 4:48 pm - Walled Lake, MI

Hi,

Did Steven ever have weight loss surgery? I was sicken by the way he treated his father and the healthcare staff that were all trying to help him!

I watch the show on a regular basis and this one was the most disturbing to me.

I am shocked TLC aired it!

I hope Steven has gotten the help he needs and hope he is doing better.

Robin

Readyjwc
on 4/10/17 5:04 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

My daughter read his blog and yes, he did have the surgery. He'll probably be on a"Where are they now" episode.

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

Robin
on 4/10/17 5:35 pm - Walled Lake, MI

Hope he will be successful and continues to seek counseling

Did his brother also have surgery?

Readyjwc
on 4/11/17 1:51 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

That - I don't know.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/10/17 6:38 pm - Burleson, TX

I have been whacking my head, for nearly a week, trying to figure out why Steven looked familiar...DrPhil!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

AggieMae
on 4/11/17 5:38 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

Steve was a new low on a show that sets the bar extremely low.

Aside from a lifetime of unaddressed mental health issues. Steve and his brother show physical signs of fetal alcohol syndrome. I doubt that their mother was their only alcoholic parent. His father is a mean and abusive a** hole. I don't get why anyone feels sorry for the way his children treat him.

Robin
on 4/11/17 6:03 pm - Walled Lake, MI

I was very disturbed by the show and I will contact TLC and let them know. People who watch the show watch for a reason. I had weight loss surgery in 2003 and have lost 130lbs which saved my life.

Steven will NEVER have success, he doesn't follow what the doctor tells him and he NEVER will.

I wish him the best and hope he survives.

Robin

Most Active