Meanderings about life after WLS -- not everything will be perfect

MyBariatricLife
on 4/9/18 9:33 am

It seems like 2018 has flown by!

Personally, I've seen quite the roller coaster between positive and challenging experiences. I sold my dream house and left my dream life in Indianapolis to retire to the countryside in the mountains of Pennsylvania (where we had some snowfall today).

I went from a massive house on a tiny lot downtown on the waterfront to a small house and a small barn on more than 4 acres with a view of rolling hills, trees, and grass. Whereas I could hear my neighbor's TV next door and see skyscrapers in the skyline, I am now surrounded by larger farms and can barely see another house in the distance no less hear the occupants.

I am noticing an interesting contrast between city life and people with professional careers to homesteading life and people who live off the land. Both are beautiful to me and I consider myself blessed.

Here I have easy access to local ethically raised food: raw dairy and dairy products, raised on pasture meat, lake fish, raw honey and pure maple syrup, produce and more from surrounding farms and mom and pop specialty shops, and outstanding well water right from my faucet. I am sure that after suffering digestive disorders caused by a few decades of eating processed foods that were slowly killing me, I will be able to heal my gut microbiome and my many health conditions related to that.

I would love to hear from anyone else who has struggled with digestive disorders and related illnesses since their WLS. I had RNY in 2003 and have been ill the past few years.

Life is what we make of it. We can choose to see the beauty found all around us, in the city or the country. And we can choose to find the strength within us to be happy no matter our conditions.

Here's to each of us choosing wisely.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/18 2:24 pm

Good luck with your new life ... your last two paragraphs are the true ticket to happiness.

MyBariatricLife
on 4/9/18 4:05 pm

I love your avatar "Happiness is a Choice." That is so true. Long ago I met a woman who worked in corporate America. She was in a wheelchair and wore a colestomy bag (spelling). She was paralyzed from the waist down. And she always appeared joyful at work while other people grumbled about things. She was one of the happiest people -- perhaps even the happiest person I have ever met.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/10/18 10:16 am, edited 4/10/18 3:16 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

seattledeb
on 4/13/18 10:50 pm

You got that one. Thanks

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/10/18 7:52 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Pre-op digestive disorders are terrible, but so is e. coli from unpasteurized dairy!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active