12 YEARS AGO TODAY. 3/19/07

huskergalWsD
on 3/19/19 10:23 am

Happy 12th Anniversary Rny to meeeeee... Even though I am one of the people that has said I regretted doing this Rny surgery , I am After 12 years now learning to appreciate it.. I'm Slow, what can I say...I Appreciate that It keeps me away from most bad foods I should not be eating. I'd still be eating donuts, fried chicken and pizza and buffets galore probably be 600 lbs if it weren't for my Rny 12 years ago. Not anymore...I have kept off my weight loss. I weigh myself everyday ,. Keeps me on track. I need to update my profile. Life got busy for me, new man in my life together 9 years now, and we ride horses.

Reason for regrets has nothing to do with any complications from my weight loss surgery. NO COMPLICATIONS since day 1 .. I recovered very well and very fast from weight loss surgery, considering all the heart surgeries prior to weight loss surgery.My surgeon and his staff did a superb job. Cardiologist was in the operating room while having weight loss surgery, my regrets is that I have had so many surgeries that never should of had to happen. 16? .. .My insides are twisted , , I should have never let myself get so big and had clogged arteries resulting in having Open Heart Surgery and 9 stents to stay alive, then choosing another invasive surgery to twist my insides even more. The thought of my insides being twisted is very stressfull on top of the PTSD I have. Developed PTSD from my Near Death Experience I endured from Open Heart Surgery in 2004.I suffer from PTSD and it makes the weight loss surgery more stressful.

I have an IVC Filter that is a recall but cant be removed it will cause more damage inside me. Living with it inside me every day I worry is it going to kill me . . I have one long story to tell . I'm Blessed to be here to tell about it. Im a survivor in many ways. Thanks for reading my 12 year post op short story..Im Blessed and will start to Appreciate every bit of it...Sometimes some of us take longer, GUILTY!!!......Peace V

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Kathy S.
on 3/19/19 12:54 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thank you for checking in and thank you for sharing!

Image result for congratulations gif

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Amy R.
on 3/19/19 3:48 pm
On March 19, 2019 at 5:23 PM Pacific Time, huskergalWsD wrote:

Happy 12th Anniversary Rny to meeeeee... Even though I am one of the people that has said I regretted doing this Rny surgery , I am After 12 years now learning to appreciate it.. I'm Slow, what can I say...I Appreciate that It keeps me away from most bad foods I should not be eating. I'd still be eating donuts, fried chicken and pizza and buffets galore probably be 600 lbs if it weren't for my Rny 12 years ago. Not anymore...I have kept off my weight loss. I weigh myself everyday ,. Keeps me on track. I need to update my profile. Life got busy for me, new man in my life together 9 years now, and we ride horses.

Reason for regrets has nothing to do with any complications from my weight loss surgery. NO COMPLICATIONS since day 1 .. I recovered very well and very fast from weight loss surgery, considering all the heart surgeries prior to weight loss surgery.My surgeon and his staff did a superb job. Cardiologist was in the operating room while having weight loss surgery, my regrets is that I have had so many surgeries that never should of had to happen. 16? .. .My insides are twisted , , I should have never let myself get so big and had clogged arteries resulting in having Open Heart Surgery and 9 stents to stay alive, then choosing another invasive surgery to twist my insides even more. The thought of my insides being twisted is very stressfull on top of the PTSD I have. Developed PTSD from my Near Death Experience I endured from Open Heart Surgery in 2004.I suffer from PTSD and it makes the weight loss surgery more stressful.

I have an IVC Filter that is a recall but cant be removed it will cause more damage inside me. Living with it inside me every day I worry is it going to kill me . . I have one long story to tell . I'm Blessed to be here to tell about it. Im a survivor in many ways. Thanks for reading my 12 year post op short story..Im Blessed and will start to Appreciate every bit of it...Sometimes some of us take longer, GUILTY!!!......Peace V

"Reason for regrets has nothing to do with any complications from my weight loss surgery. NO COMPLICATIONS since day 1 .. I recovered very well and very fast from weight loss surgery"

I can not tell you how glad I am to finally see this statement.

I've had a go of it the last 10 years also, but my surgery saved my life in countless ways. And who's to say we wouldn't have had even more stuff go weird than we did? It could have all been so much worse.

There is 100% certainty in my mind that WLS caused all of my current health problems. Because without it I'd be dead. So there's that. Congrats on 12 years and a new boyfriend!

Kristi T.
on 3/20/19 9:50 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

You are a survivor! Congratulations on your surgiversary!

Most Active