Weekly Cooking and Recipes (May 6 - May 12)

Gwen M.
on 5/3/19 10:23 am
VSG on 03/13/14

For the reasoning behind this post, please check out the first one -- https://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/6039883/Recipes-and- Weekly-Meal-Plans-April-8-April-14/

Please include recipes - either the text of the recipe or a link to the recipe. If the recipe comes from a source other than your brain, please let us know the source.

For instructions on how to post links, please check out this post -- https://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/6040165/How-To-Post- A-HyperLink/

Monday - coconut curry ramen
Meatless Monday!

Tuesday - cheesy beef sandwiches, rolls for the guys

Wednesday - honey Dijon sous vide pork shoulder, turned into quesadillas for the guys
This is part of my mission to clear out the freezers. I've got a pork shoulder, a cut that we normally smoke, but I figured I'd try out this sous vide recipe. I'm hoping that the shoulder I've got will fit in my sous vide... fingers crossed. I'll sub maple syrup for the honey because I can't eat honey.

Thursday - FFS (fend for self)
I might be out of town due to another interview for Lance.

Friday - FFS
I'll definitely be out of town due to my high school's alumni festivities.

Saturday - rabbit stew
This is leftovers from the freezer. I originally planned this for the week of April 22-28, but we ended up eating out that night. The recipe is in that post.

Sunday - red wine-marinated, roasted beef tenderloin with herb-horseradish cream, roasted potatoes for the guys
This is also part of cleaning out the freezer, since I've got a beef tenderloin in there from a sale at the butcher. I'll be marinating the meat as described, but then I'll sous vide it for the cooking and sear before serving!

What are you cooking this week?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

kairosgrammy
on 5/3/19 11:21 am
RNY on 10/17/17

Saturday: Air Fried fish probably seasoned with salt, onion powder, garlic, lemon pepper and dill. Quinoa and zucchini

Sunday: Air Fried chicken thighs with coating made from parmesan cheese, pork rinds, and perhaps some flour that is supposed to be high in protein if it comes today, Buttered zucchini noodles, brussel sprouts

M, T, Th Leftovers I live by myself so only cook for me so I deliberately make leftovers

Wed & Friday Out to eat

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/3/19 12:19 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I am going to make Italian Beef on Sunday...which will be left overs for the week.

3lb Chuck Roast

1 jar pepperoncini rings, with juice

1 packet italian dressing mix

1 can beef broth

shredded cheddar cheese

Put roast in crockpot and sprinkle dressing mix on all sides; pour in can of beef broth (pour to side of roast so you don't wash off the seasoning); pour in juice from pepperoncinis to the side and then dump the rings on top of roast. Cook on high 6 hours (or low for 10-11). When done, shred beef using two forks.

Serve in small bowl with juice and shredded cheese. You can serve over mashed potatoes, egg noodles or as a sandwich if you eat those. I loved it over egg noodles!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

sparty
on 5/8/19 12:40 pm
Revision on 08/16/18

I decided to try this recipe out on Monday and my husband and I both LOVED it. I am not much of a beef eater and have never been a pot roast fan, so that is saying a lot. It was so tender, flavorful and super easy to make. I added some onions to it too.

Thanks for sharing!

Band to RNY 8/16/18

HW: 299 (Pre-LB), RNY Consult: 260, SW: 248, GW: 145 (reached 3/31), New Goal: 130, CW: 133.0

Pre-op: -13, M1: -20, M2: -15, M3: -15, M4: -15, M5: -13, M6: -13, M7: -9, M8: -9, M9: -3, M10:

Partlypollyanna
on 5/8/19 12:48 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh that is awesome! Glad you enjoyed it.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

NYMom222
on 5/6/19 4:47 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I have started making my own fat free salad dressings. One- because I like a lot of dressing, and two if I want the oil I can measure and add it at the time of eating. Also with salad I chop everything small.

Basic Formula-

• add water in place of oil
  • probably will need some sweetener to cut acid taste
  • blend in blender - starting by adding ¼ tsp xantham gum. Keep adding ¼ tsp at a time until dressing coats back of spoon.

Notes on xantham gum:

• I buy Bob's Red Mill and find it in the natural food section of my grocery store.
  • It is a natural thickener that doesn't need to be heated
  • It is expensive but you use so little it will last a long time
  • Less is always more. Start with small amounts and keep adding until you get desired consistency. It goes from creamy to weird mouth feel if you use too much.
  • I also use it in blender to make ice cream. Small amount Cashew milk, protein powder, sweetener, ice and xantham gum.

Current favorites: I don't measure well, and your ingredients may have stronger or weaker flavors- so play with it till you get a taste you like.

Lemon Dijon:

• ¼ c fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/4 c Trader Joe's white Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 - 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard (depends how strong brand is)
  • salt and sweetener
  • 2/3 - 1 c water
  • xantham gum

Thai Peanut

• 1/3 c low sodium soy sauce
  • 6 Tbsp PB2 peanut butter powder
  • 3/4 c Water
  • dash siracha (I use Trader Joe's)
  • One teaspoon toasted sesame oil
  • one tablespoon rice vinegar
  • dash garlic salt/garlic powder (again TJs garlic salt)
  • xantham gum
  • salt and sweetener only if needed

Again, adjust portions to get the flavor you like.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active