I think I might have it...

TheWombat
on 3/25/20 7:03 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I think I might have COVID-19, but a very mild case. On Friday afternoon I had the dry cough with sudden onset fatigue for no apparent reason. I went to bed early with the heat up high, and had a long sleep. I felt better on Saturday, no longer tired, but continued to have an occasional cough , and the lower part of my airway (feeding into the lungs) felt a bit achy. On Sunday I started to get a mild headache (very rare for me), and my voice was a little hoarse. No fever, no breathing issues.

I called my doctor, and she arranged for me to be tested. I was waiting for a text to tell me where to go for the test, but then this morning the Irish health service changed the guidelines because of the backlog, and they won't test you if you don't have a fever. So I won't find out if this is/was COVID-19.

The symptoms were so mild that half of the time I was convinced that I wasn't really ill, just imagining things. But apparently it starts like that for a lot of people, and and if breathing problems occur, it's not until a week or two later. Since I'm 59, I've been extra cautious about this and getting lots of rest. I also temporarily increased my daily calorie intake from 800 to 1000, just to make sure my body had plenty of fuel to fight this. (That wasn't easy because I didn't have much appetite!)

Today all of my symptoms are gone except the occasional very mild headache. I'm particularly glad that the ache in my lungs is gone.

Hope you are all staying healthy!

Partlypollyanna
on 3/26/20 4:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hope your symptoms continue to be mild and you recover quickly.

catwoman7
on 3/26/20 7:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

fortunately, they say most people do have only mild symptoms. I hope they'll stay that way for you!

ScaleSkater
on 3/26/20 7:37 am

I had some of the same symptoms. I'll ask the question I've asked about 10 times to people who are saying the same to me, that they think they got it - Do you have allergies? I do and they generally are pretty bad. The pollen counts, etc. are way up now. I'm watching for fever and haven't progressed. If you get symptoms one day and they are less the next, likely allergies - if you are a sufferer. So I'll ask - Do you have bad allergies normally? Either way, I hope you feel better. I only ask to help alleviate your concern if it is likely something else.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

TheWombat
on 3/26/20 9:40 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I do have allergies, and they have been worse lately. However, my allergies never cause my lungs to ache, or give me a dry cough.

Dee_Caprini
on 3/26/20 10:36 am

Wishing you the best and that those symptoms do not progress. Scary times. My brother has 2 coworkers who have been affected... one of which, passed away but he had a LOT of respiratory issues and the other, their daughter, they will not test because she is 16 and isn't considered "high risk", though she is experiencing all the issues and traveled to Wuhan within the last 3 months.

We are staying at home until they tell us that the shelter in place order is lifted. My husband is considered an essential worker so he must report to work every day.

TheWombat
on 3/27/20 10:08 am, edited 3/27/20 3:17 am
VSG on 06/11/18

After two days with no symptoms apart from a slight headache, I figured I was basically well. So I did some extra-thorough house cleaning. I think I overdid it, because this morning the cough and chest ache had returned. I'm staying in bed today and am already feeling better. Still no fever. But I do feel dumb.

Even if you have a mild case, or are not sure you even have it, don't take chances!

Dee_Caprini
on 3/27/20 3:27 pm

Best wishes for a healthy (AND QUICK) recovery!

Janet P.
on 3/28/20 6:14 am

Please take care of yourself. The cleaning will be there next week.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Dee_Caprini
on 3/30/20 10:26 am

How are you feeling?

Most Active