Do you ever feel like you're experiencing cross addiction?

Dee_Caprini
on 7/22/20 3:21 pm

Going through various articles today... Some of these have REALLY HELPED me understand why I've been experiencing this.

https://www.obesityhelp.com/?s=cross+addiction

I have entirely too many clothes... but I keep buying... one here, one there. I find myself hiding my packages from my husband and try to justify but now COVID happened and there are not very many reasons to get out of my leggings...lol

Thankfully, I still am able to wear my jeans but wondering if anyone else feels like they have felt like they have experienced cross addiction somewhere else in their life?

catwoman7
on 7/23/20 4:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it's supposedly fairly common. I've become sort of a food hoarder. I must have 10 of those large containers of protein powder in my cupboards - and a freezer full of raspberries (other berries, too - but especially raspberries!). I also have tons of Greek yogurt in my fridge. And several jars of nut butters. I could probably survive a month (at least...) without ever going to the store!

I suppose it's harmless as long as it's not an addiction that's hurting you or someone else (like alcoholism or compulsive gambling), although it does sort of bother me that I hoard food. I mean I live in an urban area - it's not like there's a chance I won't have access to food!

Dee_Caprini
on 7/23/20 2:57 pm

Yeah, I have that too, I feel... I still get way too much food from the grocery store... but then my husband and I still go back and forth about what to eat for dinner... lol

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/26/20 5:53 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have a clothing addiction - I admit it. I always loved buying clothes but I spent a LOT of time and money trying to find something that I thought didn't make me look fat. The last few years I haven't had to worry about looking fat but I keep buying. The covid thing hasn't helped (online addiction anyone)?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active