Low Carb/protein snacks that isn't a piece of meat?

Dee_Caprini
on 10/12/20 11:11 am

Anyone have any ideas? I am doing shakes today, but looking for some more ideas since my brain is stuck on stooooooopid...

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/20 3:16 am, edited 10/13/20 6:12 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

Fat free cottage cheese used to be a favorite - I'm kind of sick of it now . Instead I'll make homemade spanakopita filling - diced fresh garlic /red onion Toasted then stir fried briefly w fresh spinach ( about 1/2 bag ) fat free feta cheese to taste Greek seasoning and fat free cottage cheese. This can be used as a filling for phyllo dough ( spanakopita) or a spinach stuffing for anything ( try mushroom caps )

Air fried whitefish Francais- mix eggs w a bit of flour n Greek seasoning and a few spoons of butter buds , wash fish pat dry and dredge - Place in pre warmed spray oiled air fryer at 450 .

Fat free Monkfish or Clam Chowder ... Stir fry 1/2 large onion diced add diced carrots and celery if desired , 3 cans clams and juice , two cups organic chicken broth, a bit of potato starch or diced potato ( you can pre cook in the microwave if you're pressed for time, peel then add ) . Add fresh fish when boiling , take off heat and continue cooking until fish is just done. Monkfish is a great chowder fish because it holds its shape ... its not called " the poor man's lobster " for nothing !

After cooking is almost finished I stir in 1/2 cup very thick skim milk slurry with butter buds (and a bit of corn starch added if the soup needs a bit of body )- bring to a boil again to develop the corn starch, stir and serve. Lots of protein from clams, fish and skim milk .. no fat and very few carbs

Dee_Caprini
on 10/13/20 3:39 pm

This sounds amazing! I may have to change up the fish part (not a huge fan of fish) but willing to try!

White Dove
on 10/13/20 4:19 am - Warren, OH

I am a big fan of Quest. I used to buy a carton of protein chips every two weeks. I also ate a ton of Quest protein bars. And when Quest started publishing recipes, I felt like my life changed.

I often take the time to make things like the cream filled chocolate cupcake with 170 calories, 16 grams of protein, 4 grams of fat, and 6 net carbs. If you are not familiar with Quest recipes, take some time to go through them.

I have always used net carbs and had great results with tracking that way. Now you can get Quest at Walmart and not even have to wait for delivery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Dee_Caprini
on 10/13/20 3:41 pm

I will have to see if Quest is at my local Walmart. I was looking and see they have single serving packets. I may have to look into that! I have only tried the chocolate and vanilla and that was back in the day, but they have soooo many flavors now! Peanut Butter, YES PUHLEASE!!! I think that would be fun with a cream filled cupcake thing.

Thank you!

Most Active