Those GoLo T.V. Ads - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Batwingsman
on 3/19/22 1:54 pm, edited 3/19/22 1:56 pm - Garland, TX

I don't know how many of you have seen their latest one, but in it the gal giving her "testimonial" for the product (or service? I never did know what GoLo IS ) talks about her failed previous attempts at weight loss, and then concludes with something like the following: "I was even considering gastric bypass surgery ... "

OH NO -- NOT WLS!!!

Geez, bad enough when you hear ignorant individuals taking digs at WLS, but when whole companies are taking shots at us in the media?

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

TierraMoone
on 3/24/22 1:36 pm

I haven't seen that commercial yet! Jeesh you would think they would know better with so many people having weight loss surgery.

Batwingsman
on 3/24/22 2:27 pm - Garland, TX

Well, I notice now they are running a shorter T.V. commercial instead of the original one, and had hoped they did that to edit out the slam to WLS after possibly getting many complaints about that part from viewers. But, alas, NO .. the bit testimonial in it -- the customer still takes a dig at WLS ..

This kind of reminds me about Women's World magazine. A few years ago it was commonplace for them to feature a person (or sometimes 2 gals) that had lost a large amount of weight through diet, exercise, etc. on the cover, with a caption of something like "She lost ______ bs. and did it without gastric bypass surgery" (or "without surgery"). Lately I have not noticed that b.s. when going through the grocery checkout line at the store, so either maybe they "wised up" about it or the mag is no longer being published. ?

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Most Active