Thanks for all the welcomes!

Cajun_Lady1029
on 3/4/12 12:14 pm - VA
Revision on 04/16/12
Hi Everyone,
I haven't had a chance to log in, but I did get the responses to my original post.  Things are more than a little hectic and it seems the closer I get to surgery, the crazier things are getting around me.  Hoping to have my date set for the end of the month or 1st week of April at the latest.

If anyone has any suggestions for pre op, I'm wide open to them!
Thicklin
on 3/4/12 12:23 pm - TN
VSG on 04/23/12
Hi Cajun_Lady,

I know exactly what you mean..I started cleaning up my house donating old clothes and trying to make sure I'm caught up and current with all my bills. 

Cajun_Lady1029
on 3/6/12 5:03 am - VA
Revision on 04/16/12
I've got the bills and decluttering under control, but it seems as though Murphy's Law ha**** my house like a damn bulldozer!!!   
Toni    HW:293  CW:287  SW:TBD  GW:140

"Obstacles are the frightful things you see when you take your eyes of your goal" Henry Ford    
LEE
on 3/6/12 9:53 am
How exciting,  I remember when I was getting ready for surgery and I was scared half to death and excited as hell about the prospect of my massive ass shrinking.  LOL.

Don't go buying a lot of low fat foods you like because you may not like them after surgery your taste change a lot.

Stay away from carbs as much as possible they will be your down fall and will slow down your loss and in the end have you gaining weight like crazy.

The very best advice though I would give you is to enjoy the ride..  Take tons of pictures, appreciate your new clothes size every time you go down a size, enjoy shopping for new clothes,  look in the mirror and get familiar with your new chaning body so you don't one day wake up and see a new body and freak out   Just realize that you are going to be a thinner person and some may get real jealous which may lead to you losing friends.  Screw them.

HAVE FUN GIRL !!!
Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
MSW will not settle
on 3/6/12 10:57 am
What can I say but ditto MsLee. 

I will add:
- Start taking your vits and a protein shake a day now.  Protein aids in post op healing and you want to be as nutritionally sound as possible before your procedure. 
- If you have a fatty liver it is time to seriously get off the carbs and lower the fats.  The liver will be in the way during many procedures.  A smaller healthy liver makes the surgeons job easier and therefore makes your body's job of healing easier. 
- Start eating lower carb now een if your liver is in good shape and your doc does not require it.  Low carb improves weight loss and maintenance. 
- Begin to exercise now.  If all yu can do is stretch or sit in a chair and lift one leg at a time do it.  If you can only do ten minutes a day do it.  Unless you medically should not exercise anything is better than nothing.  Often in the beginning people loose no matter what.  As you get furtherr out you will need the calorie burn.  Fat or thin, the heart, lungs, muscles need maintenance.  In addition to diet exercise is that maintenance. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 204 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1148 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2060 views