Just wondering....

newme_38
on 7/4/12 10:44 pm - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12
Good Morning.  I am a little over 3 weeks post op and since surgery I've lost only 13 lbs.  Isn't that a little slow?  What do you all think?   I'm starting to get a little worried.

dstgirl2000
on 7/5/12 3:22 am
Dear Newme_38..............Please reference Stillfabless "Loser" post and the corresponding replies about a week ago........................The same answers apply.........

Patience...........................Virtuous!.....................

JJ

Blu-Diva
on 7/5/12 11:20 am - Hamilton, Canada
 You just had surgery, just keep doing your all your suppose to and your body will take to it. No worries. best wishes.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

MSW will not settle
on 7/10/12 1:45 am
Not at all.  That's the equivalent of cutting back 2000 calories a day.  When last did you loose four pounds a week on average?  Manage your expectations and remember the big numbers talked about are not typical numbers.   A little homework on the clinical studies out there will prove this.  Relax, you are doing well. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

stillfablessfat
on 7/11/12 10:52 am - CA
VSG on 05/30/12
I felt like I was losing really slow but its not about pounds its about percentage so find out whats the percentage of 13lbs from what you want to lose then you will start seeing the big picture and remember the doc's usually give you 18-24 months post op to get to your goal weight of course losing a large percent in the first 6 months(the honeymoon stage) finding this out made me feel so much better hope it helps you good luck.

Leslieenlightened hw250  sw211  gw140

newme_38
on 7/11/12 10:17 pm - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12

I think I am just having not a good week with the scale.  I go to my 1 month appt. today.  It seems like the scale has stopped moving and sometimes even gone up a pound or so since I've been trying to concentrate on getting my 64 oz  of liquid and getting all my protein in.  I was losing more when I wasn't really focusing on it as much.  But I understand it takes time..... (yada yada yah)
 I really like your prospective.  That is a better way to look at it.  Thanks for the encouragement.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 200 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1143 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2044 views