8 years out.

Ms. R.
on 9/6/12 7:36 pm - Pottstown, PA
Hi all:

I am 8 years out.  All I can say is wow.  The surgery is no magic bullet.  In order for it to work long term, you truely have to ue it as a tool.  You need to change your lifestyle and your views on food.  I still struggle every day.  I do not do everything right.  Listen to your doctors and take your vitamins.  As a result of surgery, I now suffer from IDA, which require iron infusions every six months.  Otherwise things are good.  I still dump 8 years out.  Feel free to ask me any questions.

Starting weight 280
Lowest weight 143
Current weight 153-158.

At this point, its all about how the clothes fit.

Shawna
Its been a journey.

Thicklin
on 9/7/12 5:03 am - TN
VSG on 04/23/12
Congrats! You look amazing! I found out that taking vitamins is the hardest thing for me but I'm doing much better each and everyday. Thanks for your post Ms.R.

Ms. R.
on 9/7/12 7:11 am - Pottstown, PA
I take a chewable multivitamin or I drink a liquid vitamin.  Neither can keep my iron levels high enough. 
Its been a journey.

Jaybee766
on 9/8/12 2:39 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
Re: surgery - would you do it again?
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Ms. R.
on 9/8/12 6:12 am - Pottstown, PA
Yes, I would do surgery again.  I would be more educated though.  My sister had surgery and gained back all the weight.  Things people need to know are: you can gain the weight back and you cannot live the way you did presurgey.

But the benefits outweigh the changes 99% of the time.  It is only when you are at a party and have to limit food and drinks.  or you have a bad week and you are a stress eater.
Its been a journey.

MSW will not settle
on 9/7/12 7:27 am
Congrats to you for working this wls thing as the life mission it is. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Phyll H
on 9/12/12 8:33 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
congrats on 8 years..
VSG  8-4-08  -5'5
HW   310
SW   216
CW   172
LW    160
GW   170  
GW    170- 175

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion

Transfiguration
on 9/27/12 2:42 pm - Somewhere in time, SC
 You look wonderful!

Keep on climbing, Till I reach the higher ground

Creole Momma
on 10/17/12 4:18 am - Hutto, TX
So happy for you and so glad you posted.  I'm not on here often anymore and I dropped in today and did not see anyone from my time.  Keep working your tool!
Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 216 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1153 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2073 views