PROTEING TRAIN RIDE

retta
on 9/12/12 12:22 pm - Bogart, GA
I found it from a old post. This is how it works if anybody is interested in doing it. I haven't done it in years but I do remember it working and that's all that matters to me. (We would start on a Sunday and report everyday the next morning what you had for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and what you had to drink) Weigh in Saturday and report what you loss. You can go on a week or 2 week ride.

Remember the rule of the Train!  The goal is to put your body in ketosis and burn fat. Therefore, you must STAY BELOW 20g of carbs PER DAY. Go to google.com to read about ketosis. On this train ride, you CAN NOT EAT: - Bread of any kind (bagels, crackers, waffles, pancakes, toast, wheat bread, white bread, rye bread, pumpernickel, sourdough - you get the picture). - Rice - Potatoes (white or sweet) - Flour - Gravy - Beans - Sweets (cakes, pies, candy, cookies, M&M's or anything in this family) - Fruit nor fruit juices - Nuts (pecans, brazil nuts, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts or anything in this family) - More than one (1) green, leafy, vegetable You CAN EAT: - Any meat (read the labels because some meats have carbs) - Jerky - Eggs - Cheese - One green, leafy vegetable per day (collards, turnips, kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, bibb lettuce) ** BROCCOLI AND GREEN BEANS DO NOT FALL IN THIS CATEGORY ** - Protein shakes (read the labels) - Protein bars (read the labels) - As much water (or other SF, Sodium free, calorie free, caffeine free, carbonation free beverage) as you can hold.

Remember to get in at least an extra 8 ozs of water during the ride to allow your body to get rid of the fat that will be flushed out of your system.

Enhance your ride by doing some sort of activity today.

Let me know if you are interested in doing this and if so, we all can get together and take a ride on one starting Sunday, 9/16. That's if this isn't already going on and I just don't know about it.           (spread the word) about the PROTEIN TRAIN RIDE!
Thicklin
on 9/13/12 6:14 am - TN
VSG on 04/23/12

Well this sound like a nice train ride but since I'm just a few months out I better stick to the protein train ride. When you get more info let me know..Thanks once again!

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/12 5:52 pm
Wow protein train haven't heard that in awhile I'm in :) 
MSW will not settle
on 9/13/12 7:33 pm
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/black_american/3993571/Protein-Train-Educate-me-please/%20/%2032309205

COURTESY OF MsKimB

Below are the rules for the Protein Train.  It's done to jump start wl after stalls/falling off/whatever.  Just a tool used to get you back on track or if you have the need to lose weight quickly for something. 

It's always suggested for you to check with your nut/surgeon before trying this...especially newbies.

eta - It's also not a good idea to follow this for long periods of time since you will be depriving your body of all carbs.  * I * follow it for a week , then come off for a few days before restarting.

The goal is to put your body in ketosis and burn fat. Therefore, you must STAY BELOW 20g of carbs PER DAY. Go to google.com to read about ketosis.

On this train ride, you CAN NOT eat:

- Bread of any kind (bagels, crackers, waffles, pancakes, toast, wheat bread, white bread, rye bread, pumpernickel, sourdough - you get the picture).
- Rice
- Potatoes (white or sweet)
- Flour
- Gravy
- Beans
- Sweets (cakes, pies, candy, cookies, M&M's or anything in this family)
- Fruit nor fruit juices
- Nuts (pecans, brazil nuts, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts or anything in this family)
- More than one (1) green, leafy, vegetable

You CAN eat:

- Any meat (read the labels because some meats have carbs)
- Jerky
- Eggs
- Cheese
- One green, leafy vegetable per day (collards, turnips, kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, bibb lettuce) ** BROCCOLI AND GREEN BEANS DO NOT FALL IN THIS CATEGORY **
- Protein shakes (read the labels)
- Protein bars (read the labels)
- As much water (or other SF, Sodium free, calorie free, caffeine free, carbonation free beverage) as you can hold.

Menu ideas for the protein train:
Breakfast ideas:

Egg and cheese omelet
Egg white omelet
Egg, cheese, and meat omelet
Boiled eggs
Turkey bacon (or beef or pork)
Chicken sausage (or turkey or beef or pork)
Decaf coffee with protein powder added

Snack Ideas:

Deli turkey slices with cheese rolls
Deli ham
Protein shakes
Pork rinds
Beef jerky
Turkey jerky
egg salad
Chicken Vienna sausage (or pork)

Lunch ideas:

Tuna salad
Chicken salad
Grilled chicken breast
Steak or steak and eggs
Turkey burger with cheese and mayo/mustard (or beef)
Ground turkey with melted velveeta cheese
Pork chop
Baked fish

Dinner ideas:
Cajun shrimp
All of the lunch ideas
Grilled chicken on a bed of romaine lettuce
Collard greens
Turnip greens
Kale
Mustard greens
Spinach
Rack of lamb
Veal
Lamb chops
Turkey chop
Roast beef (no gravy)
Chicken wings
Turkey wings
Chicken legs
Leaf lettuce salad

Oh, I forgot to add on the subject of research.....Eating breakfast is extremely important. I had to change the way I was doing things. I would normally drink protein shakes until lunch (not much of a breakfast eater). Now, I try to have breakfast not later than two hours after awakening. Research this.

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

PPlovely
on 9/14/12 11:24 am - Knightdale, NC
Count me in!
LEE
on 9/16/12 7:34 am
Count me out.   Low carb turns me into a *****  Becca calls it the Low Carb High Anger diet.
Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
Thicklin
on 9/16/12 8:10 am - TN
VSG on 04/23/12

Lee you r a nut girl....lol

MSW will not settle
on 9/16/12 12:25 pm
You betta throw MsLee a few blueberries or sumptin', lol.  She b e-e-evil with no carbs in her system.    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 217 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1154 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2074 views