!5 weeks out

Cheryl Allan
on 7/25/11 4:47 am - Canada
I know stalls happen and all that other stuff but Im going to have a whine about it because I am frsutrated. I have lost 42 lbs in 15 weeks one week shy of 4 months, I only seem to loose one week a month, and stay the same the rest of the time. I drink all my water I get 80-100 grams of protien, 700-800 calories, under 15 cabs and under 15 fats a day. I also do 30 minutes every morning on my treadmill sometimes 60.So why have I never had a wow moment and lost a bunch all at once. Are there other slow loosers out there who are about on the same track as i am. Thanks for letting me whine it just gets to me after awhile of trying so hard had to let it out :)
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

The_Chungs
on 7/25/11 8:50 am
My surgery is scheduled for next week, so I haven't gone through what you're going through (at least not yet!).  Although I know it's gotta be frustrating to be as big as we are and not see the weight fly off like it does some others. 

That being said, I encourage you to look at the bright side.  You are losing an average of 2.8 pounds a week!  That's really, really good and really, really healthy even for non-WLS patients.  Losing weight faster than that may cause more hair to fall out and doesn't give your skin a chance to adjust, making it more likely that you'll have even more excess skin than you'd probably like. 

You're eating right and exercising so it'll come off, I promise! 
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

InkdSpEdTchr
on 7/25/11 9:23 am
The hardest and best thing you can do is not compare yourself to others. No two people are the same.
Try to just be happy that you are losing, cuz once you hit a stall you'll want to tear your hair out!

Another thing, is to change  things up, keep your body confused. Eat more one day, then less the next and make sure every few weeks you are upping your exercise routine....it should never be easy. If your not breathing hard and sweating buckets....then it's time to step it up!

Bonne Chance,
:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Brenda C.
on 7/26/11 3:55 am
I agree with Danni - DON'T COMPARE YOUR LOSSES WITH ANYONE ELSE'S.  I started out at 474 pounds, I work HARD at exercising five days a week (1 - 2 hours of swimming laps), yet I am losing fairly slow when I compare myself to some others.  The key word - SOME.

One thing I actually learned at the Obesity Help Conference, yeah - shameless plug, was when we hit a plateau, it is usually a weight we had previously been for more than a few weeks/month - maybe years.  Our body says,"Hey, I remember this weight... I am comfy here..." and sticks for a few weeks or sometimes months. 

Do not fret!  I even learned as we lose weight, our bodies need less calories -- which freaked me out.  How can I need LESS than 1200 calories with my workout schedule?!  Then I looked hard at my food journal, and made some changes.  It is easy to eyeball our food, but do you measure yours?  I wasn't, so I was actually eating MORE than I thought.  Ha ha ha, and I thought I was being honest with myself - sheesh!

One thing I have made peace with is this: If I only lost ONE pound a week, that equals 52 pounds in a year.  I am cool with that!

Don't worry, we all are going through it with you.  Did you gain all the excess weight in 14 weeks???  Stay positive!

Brenda : )~
Cheryl Allan
on 7/26/11 3:58 am, edited 7/26/11 3:58 am - Canada
Thank you everyone for the great advice I am going to do some tweeking and see how it goes but I am also throwing away my scales and just going to do what im doing, eating right and excersizing as much as I can. It will all come off in the end so Im going to enjoy the ride. Thanks again to everyone it is very much apprecitated
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Chickenboob
on 8/27/11 6:07 am - Rockland, Canada

I am a notoriously slow loser, relatively speaking. I often feel the green-eye monster rising up in me when I see how quickly others lose. I just want to scream....I'd rip my hair out, but I think that's going to fall out anyways, so why bother helping it along?? LOL!

But my better nature wins out and I realize that I am happy for these people. losing weight even with the surgery hasn't been easy or fast for me. I have  lost 13 pounds since my surgery in July....51 since my consultation.

But my gianormous boobs have gone from a 46 H to a 42 D. i can now sleep on my back without fear of suffocation, I can dance without giving anyone in 10 foot radius a black eye and I can now look down and see my gut. Hopefully in a few months I will be able to look downa nd see my feet...but baby steps.

Just remember that those giant drops are hit and miss, slow loss is more consistent, easier to keep off and gives your skin a better chance of adjusting!

You are doing amazing! I hope I have lost as much you have when I am at 15 weeks!

Keep up the good work!

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Most Active