Just discovered this forum

provolisa
on 11/18/11 9:21 am - Provo, UT
Hi everyone, I just found you. I am usually hanging around the Duodenal Switch forum, because that is the surgery I am getting ready to have.

But, it's nice to know that there is a place where us heavyweights can get together, and maybe bond in ways that people who have never been as large as us can appreciate. At least, that is what I am hoping for in this forum.

Is this a weight loss surgery oriented forum, or one where most folks are working at losing weight through diet and exercise alone? I have lost over 120 lbs in one shot, a couple of years ago, but I couldn't keep it off.

I am happy to be here, I hope I fit in really well.

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

WoolyBully
on 11/19/11 12:27 am - MI
Hi Lisa, Welcome

Regarding your question about the scope of this forum, I have only been on for a couple of months.

I think  the purpose is to dry tears (support), provide cheers (encouragement) and answer question based on our experiences.

Most people have already has some type of WLS, a few are planning, but pre-op, post -op, no-op, unsure-op, anybody who needs our kind of help, no matter what path is chosen, would be welcome

Also, I was in the same boat regarding being able to loose weight, but not keep it off that's why I chose the WLS route. So far so good,.

Look forward to reading your posts.

Gary
provolisa
on 11/19/11 2:23 am - Provo, UT
Hi Gary, thanks for responding.

I am so up for this!

Lisa

InkdSpEdTchr
on 11/19/11 12:59 pm
Yep Lisa, Gary is right- this is the place for you!

Welcome!!! When's your surgery date?

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 5:24 am - Charlotte, NC
Welcome!!!
dori M.
on 11/21/11 7:32 am - MD
Hi All,

I just found this forum a few minutes ago because InkdSpEdTchr invited someone on the RNY board to come over here (thanks).
jvan71
on 11/21/11 8:50 am - TN
Same here!  I saw that post and hadn't even realized there was a special place for us! 

Jen
HW: 330   SW 314   CW 262   GW 130      
provolisa
on 11/21/11 11:12 am - Provo, UT
Well, then, welcome to you guys too! LOL!

To answer your question, I don't have a date yet. The scheduler should call me in about a week. It is in the Benefits department at my surgeon's office. i guess they are getting all of their ducks in a row, in writing, with the insurance companies before calling to schedule.

Lisa

Most Active