So Scared

Cheryl K.
on 4/20/12 5:50 am - Hoquiam, WA
RNY on 03/30/12 with
Hello,

I had my surgery in Mexico on March 30th.  I have lost 14 lbs since the day of surgery.  I was there for 7 days.  When I got home I weighed 9 lbs more than the day of surgery, not sure how that happened because I had not ate anything for 4 days and only had broth and water for the other 3 days.  So really I lost the 9 lbs and 14 lbs.  This week I have not lost one lb.  I actually weighed every day and went up a pound then up two pounds.  I am so scared of not losing weight that I am so upset.  I feel exhausted all the time and sick to my stomach.  I have been doing shakes and chicken and rice soup.  Seems to be the only thing that I don't feel sick on.  Last night I had the worst cramps that turned into diarrhea for two hours I was in pain.  I just want energy and I feel so alone because I don't have a doctor that will help out.  My doctor left right before I went to Mexico for surgery.  The doctor filling in for a short time doesn't know anything.  :-(

Cheryl

acbbrown
on 4/20/12 6:45 am - Granada Hills, CA
I'm going to give you a little advice, and it might not be what you want to hear but....

Stay off the scale. Seriously, you just had MAJOR surgery, major trauma to your body, and you need all of your energy to heal and get well. There's no point at all of coming anywhere close to a scale right now - I didn't buy a scale for 6 weeks post op - you need to get your protein, stay hydrated, and rest. If you follow a plan, hopefully a good one, you will lose weight. But, the one thing all of us can tell you here - weight loss isnt going to happen on your terms, when you want it. It will happen, but only when your body feels like it ;) 

I hope you can get some medical attention soon though to get the pain under control - pain will zap you of your energy and make you sick, it's horrible. There's a rough adjustment period as you heal and recover, but take it slow and I promise that things will get better. Promise!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

dori M.
on 4/20/12 7:53 am - MD
 When I came home from the hospital I weighed about 11 pounds more than I went in, it's normal. Relax, let your body heal. Try to keep yourself hydrated.

Most Active