Choices, Choices I make a daily choice to change my life for the better.

Doris Cervenka
on 6/8/12 2:28 am - Ganado, TX
   I make a daily choice to change my life for the better.  Everyday,  I have to make the choice. What do I eat.  What do I drink.  Do I exercise today.  How long do i exercise today.  Do I take my Vitamins.  Do I take my depression medication.    If put off these choices.  Then my whole Life is thrown off track.  To live healthy Lifestyle takes work.  To change my life for the better takes work.  For years.  I would put off making choices and I just ate what was infront of me.  I let life happen to me and let my weight destory most my life. I am 42 years old at 210  pounds.  I am the smallest I have ever been in my entire adult life.  It still hard for me to believe. I still have more weight to lose. But, Since a year has passed since my surgery.  The choices only get harder.  Because, Your able to eat more food.  The weight gets harder to get off.  Just Maintaining your weight lose takes more effort.  I learned the worst can do is to not make a choice Just shut down and Let life happen to you.  I made choice not gain back any more weight.  I am just lazy and hate have to make choices.  I made a choice to get to my goal weight. What I hate is that it involves making more choices. Which I hate to make.  Thank you.  For listening to me complain about making choices.
1crazy_cat_lady
on 6/8/12 2:34 am - Winnipeg, Canada
You are speaking the truth! I haven't had surgery yet and every day I make those choices to work towards a better health. May God give us both the strength :D

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

KatCooper
on 6/8/12 4:07 am - Collierville, TN
Amen!!! 

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/10/12 5:12 am
My mentor told me many years ago that "a nondecision is a decision". 

I agree 100% about the many choices we have to make.  Recently, one of the few friends that know about my surgery said that she agrees with me not telling everyone. After  spending a week with me she realized how much work I put into this. She said that people don't get that when they hear 'surgery'.  The assumption is that the surgery was the only choice that we make.

How do I deal with the exhausting list of choices (and I do find them exhausting)?  I choose to see them as a blessing.  I am so happy that I am able to exercise. There was a time when I was clearly heading towards immobility.  I experienced severe pain from riding a stationary bike (recumbent or upright)! I have no immediate family. What would I do if I was immobile?!  

I haven't had a cold in over a year; so, I choose to see how far I can go with that by taking my vitamins. Until now, I've never taken vitamins for more than 1 week.

I'm a moody person by nature.  So it is a big huge choice on my part to see the blessing in having the opportunity to make these choices.  It doesn't come natural to me. But the longer I do it, the more it feels right. And after my history of depression and avoidance, I don't trust myself to not keep chosing.

I decided to view these choices as LIVING.  Again, that may sound chipper, but no one who knows me would ever say that my personality is chipper. I really do get the desire to be lazy so I just give myself a pep talk.  "I'm not going to be lazy. I'm going to live".

One choice at a time.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Most Active