Do you worry less??? after surgery

julesiglow
on 6/10/12 6:30 am - Vidalia, GA
Hey Everybody....   How are you doing since weight loss surgery?      I started at around 500lbs I now weigh 199 to 207   my weight goes up and down......Well for me I worry alot less...I used to worry about where I would sit , if I would fit in a seat....how long it will take me to get something done...if I could even do something like go to a park...walk around the mall or the park or the beach.If I needed clothes I had to order them and hope they would fit and look ok....life was hard....I worked hard and I pushed myself hhard to do everything.....now that I had RNY surgery done and lost weight. I worried if I need medical care where would I get it done.My local doctors alway told me all of my problem where because I was fat Turnes out I have high iron..I worry less  I am able to walk whereever I need to go ro I bike to work or the store...I get my job done very well and do not feel guilty about getting done quick and taking a break when I need to...I use to work thur breaks because I didnt think I should have a break....I looking forward to going to Disneyworld and I already went to Vegas when I was down to 300lb....I am looking forward to riding on my first farriswheel ride and a rollercoster....I never rode on one when I was younger....I was over 250 my the time I was 12 years old....Tell me how you life has changed  Do you worry less??? if you worry what do you worry about?

Finding the Light one day at a Time

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/10/12 6:50 am
YES.  I have a lot less anxiety.  I just walk in restaurants and not worry about bumping into somone's table as I pass. I prefer the booth for the cushion, but I don't check to see if the table moves so I can pu**** away. No anxiety about flying at all. Much less worrying- about flying, standing or walking for an extended time, falling and no one being able to help me up, etc.

I still wonder if some stores have a size 14, but I wouldn't call it worrying. If they don' t have my size, I move on.

Life goes on with its issues, problems, and dramas.  But my weight loss (and I'm not done yet!) has lowered my anxiety about many things. I can go days without worrying about my size.

...it's a good thing.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
1crazy_cat_lady
on 6/10/12 7:18 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I am pre surgery and have lost 52 pounds from my highest, 28 in the last 2 months. I'm looking forward to losing the worries you mention. I got nervous for 5 minutes yesterday when my best friend said they rented chairs for the wedding on Friday. I then realized that I am the lightest I've been in 13 yrs!! I should be ok with rented chairs

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

talula216
on 6/10/12 11:12 pm - RI
RNY on 01/16/12

Congrats on your weight loss.  You have done great.

Yes I find I worry less.  I dont worry about what I am going to eat.  I dont overeat any more then feel guilty.  When I go to a drugstore I only come out with what I needed.  And not a bag full of candy.  I dont worry if I will fit into a chair any more.  I had to go to a meeting the other day at work.  In the confrenerce rooms they have these chairs with metal arms.  They would hurt the sides of my legs.  The other day I went to a meeting, was sitting in the chair.  Realized I fit I was so excited wanted to yell I fit I fit.  I still have a ways to go.  But its so much better.

Talula
Starting weight 369

Doris Cervenka
on 6/11/12 4:41 pm, edited 6/11/12 4:43 pm - Ganado, TX
   It hard to explain how it feel to be 42 years and to be 210 pounds. I am the smallest i been in my entire Adult life.  I was 180 in the 6 grade.  I was about 250 in high school.  As a big person you always have to work twice as hard to just consider normal.  Stress become a normal thing in your life.  Which the world has a way pointing out that your not normal.  Your made to feel  more like a freak show and Everybody punching bag.   Especially in High School.  Even at work you always have to work twice as hard. Or Your made to feel bad.  Taking a break how.  Dare a fat person get caught sitting down enjoining themselves in a break room.  Having broken many of chairs myself over the years.  The hardest I ever was going to my nephews wedding at 380 pounds.  It a formal outdoor in Boston Wedding near the ocean. They had small white wooden picket chairs.  I was so worried the Chair was going to break in the middle of the wedding.  I sat on the chair but with my weight  over my knees and legs.  I spent  the entire time  praying the chair did not break into a million pieces in the middle  of the Wedding.  I could not even enjoy the Wedding.  My biggest fear was knowing.  I was going to be fat all my life.  That is like living in a dark pit you can,t climb out of . Knowing that you whole family is over weight. Knowing you have no control over your weight.  Something other people tell you can control. Hating yourself. Feelin shame all the time because of my weight.  Watching father and brother die young.   Because.of their extreme Obesity.  Living in constant fear , worry and Stress. Not being a to sleep because, Sleep Apea because, Of your weight.  Knowning you slowly dying and not knowing.  How  to help yourself.  Going to normal places to have fun with the family.  Becomes miserable because, You have to walk long distants. I do think worry less.  I worried would lose enough weight to be able to have surgery. I was told to lose Eighty pounds.  Then , worrying about dying in surgery... I guess worrying became a part of my life.  Since. Gastric -by- Pass my biggest fear  now is regaining.   I been really able to have enjoy myself for the first time in my life.
Most Active