Anyone use this protien?

J. Garcia
on 7/2/12 2:53 pm
  Ok so I always am at dollar tree. I'm a dollar tree kid. My mom worked there for as long as I can remember. Any away I'm a week post op an was browsing at her store and came across single one serving packs they sell of brand "velocity" 100% protien here are the nut facts. 

Total fat 2.5 g
Sat. Fat 1.5 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
Sodium 90 mg
Potassium 240 mg
Total carbohydrate 5 g
Dietary fiber 1 g
Sugar 2 g
Protien 20 g

OK so I was just wondering is this stuff good? Should I stick to the gnc protien or should I make my mom order me a box?  Case? It's 1$ a serving and not to mention its purchasable with food stamps :-)
acbbrown
on 7/2/12 3:13 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Just make sure that it's high quality protein - preferably whey, whey protein isolate, something along those lines and not the cheap protein blends made from incomplete proteins...not all protein is created equal. I'm guessing that these are around 120-130 cal/serving? It's not too bad. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

J. Garcia
on 7/2/12 3:31 pm
 It says 100% whey protien and ur correct  it is 130 calories. I wanted to check with everyone here before getting it. Well I got one. Because mom needs barcode to order if I do need it. But yeah I am still a lil unsure about purchasing protien so I had to ask :-) 
acbbrown
on 7/2/12 3:45 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 When you are looking at protein, you want to make sure it's high quality whey (and that does not necessarily mean the most expensive). And after that, you want to consider all the other additives - stay away from carb and fat loaded protein powders/drinks - this looks ok. Generally, I'd say under 2-3 g of fat and 5 g of carbs is decent. 

Not sure how this is going to taste, but if you can find cheap SF syrups to mix with it, you can play around with a quite a few recipes. I find that milk makes a much better base than water for protein shakes, and i usually add artificial sweetner to my shakes. 

If you want some free samples, you can send me  a PM with your address an I'd be happy to send you some samples I have of unjury, chike, and bariatric advantage protein powders. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

J. Garcia
on 7/3/12 8:23 am
 Thank u :-) ur a great help 
Most Active