First step

Darkwingdc
on 9/13/12 12:20 pm - MI
 Well I did it, went to a WLS in Ypsilanti Mi today. Funny part It use to be a hospital and I was born at it, now I am going to be reborn. 

Really happy with the way things went. I was pretty scared when I went it I wanted to cry.  All I have to do us set up a psychology eval. He said we are looking at two months. Pretty scared about all this but I need to do this for my kids and husband. 

I am really scared about all of this and I can't talk to my family.  My oldest sister had WLS n May and they blast her.  I plan on keeping this a secret from them. I want to do this for me not be judged by then.

Ojay sorry for the long post I had to get it out

Forgot to put, I was scared till Dr Taylor came in and all of it went away.  He made me feel so good about my decision to do this
Dianba
sleevegirl
on 9/14/12 5:58 am - Austin, TX
Just take a deep breath. It takes time to adjust - and I'm not sure I was 100% prepared (is anyone really?) myself, but you know if it's the right thing to do for YOU. It sounds like you're on the right path. ((HUGS)) It will be okay. Promise.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Phatchick
on 9/14/12 6:41 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
 Dianba,

Congrats on taking the first steps to putting yourself first.

We all find it so hard to focus on ourselves and suddenly we are older and fatter. WLS is a way to hit the rewind button and give ourselves a chance at a new way of life. 

This journey is full of many emotions and fear is one we all have one day or another. thankfully fear is not the most usual emotion usually it's joy, excitement and determination.

I am so happy you found a surgeon you like and feel at ease with. That is important. 

Come here when you want to talk. We are all our best cheerleaders. 

Sharon

Darkwingdc
on 9/14/12 8:33 am - MI
 I am so super excited. I cannot wait to have this tool in hand and be able to regain a life I never knew. 

Dianna
acbbrown
on 9/14/12 8:26 am - Granada Hills, CA
Congrats on taking that first step - and welcome!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

evrblue
on 9/20/12 11:48 pm - McConnellsburg, PA
Congrats! on your first step. "every journey begins with the first step."  If it was an easy it wouldn't be scary. I think a certain amount of fear is healthy. 

I have the same fears, have had since I started thinking about WLS in 2007. 
Fear that stops me in my tracks and makes me want to continue to ignore the state of my health and continue to numb my feelings with food.

Fear of judgement, fear of not being able to adjust after surgery, fear of pain/complications/issues after surgery. Fear of having surgery and still not getting to a "normal, healthy" weight. I just continue to express my fears and figure out whats next.

Best Wishes :) on the your new start

Most Active