NOVEMBER SURGERY DATE!!!!!

Cherdra
on 9/25/12 1:44 pm - Pickering, Canada
 I am scheduled to have the Vertical Sleeve (VSG) Operation at Humber Regional Hospital (Finch Site) with Dr. Klein in Toronto. Ontario, November 13, 2012. This is the first part of the DS, with my BMI being so high (64), I was told to have the operation in 2 stages. I was also told the 2ND stage is not always required if enough weight is lost with the sleeve alone. Anyone who has had this surgery and can provide any advise at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am a newbie with regards to the sleeve, as all along I have been so focused on the DS. Also any results for a BMI over 60 positive or negative would also help me so much. And lastly if anyone can explain the whole hospital procedure, and what foods I will be able to eat to lose a large portion of weight when I am 6 or 7 weeks out of surgery would be soooo appreciated!!! I AM BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS, I AM SO EXCITED TO BEGIN MY NEW JOURNEY IN LIFE, AND I COULD NOT DO IT WITHOUT THE SUPPORT I HAVE/WILL RECEIVE.

Thanks again everyone,
Cheryl
acbbrown
on 9/25/12 1:51 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Keep bouncing ! It burns calories :)

Welcome!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Cherdra
on 9/25/12 3:01 pm - Pickering, Canada
I will remember that.....
Nathalie_Can
on 9/25/12 2:09 pm
Check, check, I'm doing the happy dance...lol...c'mon now, can't touch this....lol

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Cherdra
on 9/25/12 2:58 pm - Pickering, Canada
Nathalie, I would be happy just to be able to dance. I am so looking forward to the day I can do the things I have been dreaming about for years now.

You are so sweet!!!!!!

Cheryl
Phatchick
on 9/25/12 10:05 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
 Hi Cherdra,

Welcome to this great forum with great people. Here is where you can get lots of advice from the vets and us newbies as well.

I am so happy for you that your journey hasbegun and you have a surgery date. 

I know how excited you are to have your date. The best advice I can give you now, is to incorporate more movement into your life. I waited until after I had the surgery to exercise and now I wish I would have started so much sooner. Walking is a great way to get started. Also, star****ching your carb intake. Eat more protein less carbs. 

There is not one thing I miss from my life before surgery. I look forward to hearing more from you, if you'd want to share. Congrats and again, welcome.

Sharon

Cherdra
on 9/26/12 4:38 am - Pickering, Canada
Thanks so much Sharon for the advise and the kind words!!!

Cheryl
bdocker
on 9/25/12 11:30 pm
Congrats on your surgery date!

This is a wonderful forum and a great bunch of people when you have questions or just need to vent.

*happy dance!*

Brenda~
EliseG
on 9/26/12 1:06 am - MA
Congrats and welcome!!

happiegirl
on 9/26/12 1:27 am, edited 9/26/12 1:28 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
Hi,   I have VSG and must say it's been a great tool.  My highest BMI was 62.  I lost enough before surgery to be down around a BMI of 49.  There are many people here that have been successful with losing with VSG alone.  It absolutely can be a stand alone procedure...it's just about what you need for you.  At first you can only have liquids and for the life of me I can't remember how long that lasts. I think it was maybe two weeks than soft foods.  Your Dr. will let you know.  Don't worry and Congrats!

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

Most Active