Five years post-WLS

kathy S.
on 12/19/12 10:30 am - Pensacola, FL

I was a regular on this forum six years ago.  I just celebrated my 5 year anniversary on 11/7/12, however, I'm up 40 pounds in the last 1.5 years. I've stopped exercising and am not eating exactly how I should. 

I'm here to say that I will finally enter onderland this year...5 years post-op.  This is my declaration and this is my goal!  My lowest was 202..down from 374 (post tummy tuck) and I am determined to get under 200 this year.

WLS saved my life and I cannot negate the positive effects it had on my life.  Exercising and eating properly is my #1 goal.

kathsum
acbbrown
on 12/19/12 4:17 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Congrats on the 5 yr - its great to hear from the long time vets here. If there were any lessons you would share with us newbies about how to avoid the weight gain years out - what would you say? Im 18 mo out, and struggling, and I know it's only going to get harder from here...

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Laura in Texas
on 12/25/12 10:11 pm

For me I had a tough time around the 2 year mark. I gained 10 pounds and freaked out!! The "honeymoon" was over and I had to start tracking and watch what I eat (I did lose them). I still track about half the time. I have my upper limit, which is my original goal weight, and if I get near it, I track religiously until I get it off. 3 pounds can easily become 30. I am a daily weigher. It keeps me on track.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

sleevegirl
on 12/19/12 9:06 pm - Austin, TX

Congrats on your loss (and maintaining most of it) and congrats on coming back. You can totally get it back off, just set your mind to it. Congrats and I hope you stick around! xoxoxo

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Phatchick
on 12/19/12 9:35 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

As a newbie, I CHERISH posts and advice from the vets. It was so good to hear from you and know that after 5 years you are still coming back to this forum to be focused on the goal. I am glad to know that.

Thanks again Kathy. Congrats on a beautiful journey.

hugs,

Sharon

Lucky2talk2
on 12/27/12 5:49 am - Renton, WA
Yes, it is so good to see and hear true to our life stories! Share please all that you want and come back here to update and give hope and get hope! We are all in this for the long haul as we all know that this will be a life long thing to lose and maintain. I know that I never want to let my weight get so out of control again!!

thank you for coming in here! You will lose your weight that you want to or need to because you have focuss and seems to not have lost sight. First steps before action.

hugs

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Most Active