Playing the waiting game...

KittyKarin
on 1/8/13 9:44 pm - FL
VSG on 01/09/13
I am sitting in the waiting room about to go back and get prepped for my surgery!! It's supposed to start at 10 AM EST. I am so ready for it! I've been considering and testing for this for almost 2 years now.

I'm not too nervous right now... But I did have a crazy dream last night. I dreamed I drove myself to the hospital this morning for my surgery and on the way I stopped at Burger King and got two sausage biscuits and ate them!! Then I got to the hospital and my surgeon refused to do my surgery! Ugh... Well see u guys on the other side! Thanks so much for all the support and education!! See u soon!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

cstarr
on 1/8/13 9:46 pm
RNY on 11/15/12
Yay for you!!! That is really exciting. I am really happy for you.

cstarr

sleevegirl
on 1/8/13 9:53 pm - Austin, TX

Yay! I have crazy food dreams sometimes. It's always something completely nutty too, usually eating a LOT or something.

Good luck, you'll be fine!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

KatCooper
on 1/8/13 10:19 pm - Collierville, TN

Congrats on your surgery!!!  I had the same kind of dream before surgery!  We will be waiting for you on the loser's bench!

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Phatchick
on 1/9/13 12:46 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sip, sip, sip after surgery.

Walk as soon as you are able, as often as you are able.

Blow as often as you can into that spirometer thing. 

Ask for a heating pad if the gas goes in your shoulder or any place else weird. 

Take the meds and sleep

Sip, sip, sip.

We are all waiting for you on the losers bench.

Hugs,

Sharon

CatahoulaLover
on 1/9/13 1:47 am - Kent, WA
VSG on 07/20/12

Good luck!

If sipping bothers you then use ice chips. I wasn't given any fluids by mouth for 2 days and had only ice chips and my IV to keep me hydrated but I didn't have any problem with the ice and I only got nauseated once.

You will do great and just remember this is the first step to a whole new you!

08/20/12: -40  09/20/12: -21 10/20/12: -13 11/20/12: -5  12/20/12: -13 01/20/13: -10  02/20/13:-8 03/20/13: ?

KimKinVA
on 1/9/13 5:28 am
RNY on 11/13/12 with

Congratulations on your surgery! Today is the first day of the rest of your life.  

Do your best to get up and walk when you can, even if you don't feel like it. It will definitely help! And when you're cleared to drink, do your best to keep water nearby and sip often.

I also had crazy food dreams, especially the first few weeks after my surgery. I dreamed that I had eaten massive quantities of my former binge foods. I would wake up in a panic, wondering if I had really eaten that stuff. Thankfully, I was only dreaming.

Best wishes to you! And welcome to a great forum full of supportive people!!

KendraB1
on 1/9/13 5:43 am - DE
RNY on 11/05/12
Good luck! I wish you a speedy recovery
mickeymantle
on 1/9/13 3:19 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

im shore the surgery is over by now , hope your doing great

and if your dreaming of food you should dream of something a lot better than burger king

so get off the computer take a sip and go for a walk

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Lucky2talk2
on 1/9/13 3:54 pm - Renton, WA
How exciting!! A new baby stomach! "Reborn"... Treat it well and enjoy your journey on this side of the losers bench! Hoping your recovery is going well! Knowledge is power... Supports help builder a stronger focussed you... And remember PATIENCE!! Sip slow... Sip slow some more... The pain will ease and your routines will get easier and you will soon have delight in your new found freedoms and so many NSV's!!

Keep us updated!

Hugs,
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Most Active