Phantom Fat Pain

CatahoulaLover
on 2/27/13 12:58 am - Kent, WA
VSG on 07/20/12

Ok maybe I'm just nuts. But does anyone have phantom fat pains? I have these sharp jabbing pains in the areas that have become more squishy. Like the fat has decreased so the remaning fat hurts. It's so weird. There's nothing there to cause pain and even my doctor looked at me and said there's nothing there but I still get random jabbing phantom fat pain.

08/20/12: -40  09/20/12: -21 10/20/12: -13 11/20/12: -5  12/20/12: -13 01/20/13: -10  02/20/13:-8 03/20/13: ?

acbbrown
on 2/27/13 8:30 am - Granada Hills, CA

I get sharp stabbing pains in my stomach but I think its gas pains :-p

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Phatchick
on 2/27/13 8:54 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hey Cat,

I have not had that, but about 25 years ago I had an upper tooth pulled and sometimes i get tooth pain in that spot. I forget there's no tooth back there and I think "oh no, I have to call the dentist" Then I put my finger back there to see which tooth it is and there's that gaping space in the back......weird. 

I have not experienced the pain you are mentioning. Maybe your body creates discomfort as it it breaking down the fat and thus you experience a shooting pain. I have no pain anywhere since I exercise except muscle pain (which I love)

In my bodybuilder forum I have heard other people talking about this and have heard it referred to as fathom pain. Whenever anyone asks about it everyone acts as though they know nothing about it. 

Our bodies are going through so much. Who knows what is happening. 

Hugs,

Sharon

Doris Cervenka
on 3/3/13 2:33 pm - Ganado, TX

This happened to me too.  I had a lot of aching muscle my bones, my hands and Skin hurt, my lower legs hurt for a two month after I lose about 100 pounds.  When think you actually should feeling really good because of the weight lose is off your body.  I just ached all over.  It does go away after awhile.  When lose a lot of weight.  You body renews  it self.  You rebuild new cells on daily basis.   It takes a human body a month to completely renew all it cells. It a repeating process. So your losing muscles and regrowing muscles tissue losing fat cells.  Your body is  just over load renewing itself.  Which causes the pain.  These Phantom pains.  Doctors could care less.  It,s one of things no body tells you about until it happens to you.   Some people have it some people don,t.  You are perfectly  normal.  Give about two months and pain should disappear.  I think, It  just body on over load with all the weight lose.  I know this sounds crazy but bones , Your skin and blood veins has to learn how to redistribute blood and oxygen and balance it your new lighter self.

Doris Cervenka

MNJourney
on 3/4/13 3:13 am
I had a LOT of pain during the first several months when I was losing weight rapidly. It was rather discouraging. My muscles had to learn how to carry my ever changing frame. The worst was my hips as I already struggled with chronic bursitis. Physical therapy helped some.

As I got closer to goal and the weight loss slowed down, and I became more and more active, my muscles strengthened and I do not have as much pain these days.

HW:317 SW:255 CW:147

Most Active