Where did you lose weight last?

lucalaw28
on 10/29/13 9:59 am

I know that you lose weight all over, but what area seemed to take the longest to lose or reduce greatly.  I fit into a couple sizes smaller but still my midsection seems to be going soo much slower than my legs.  I know I still have to lose 100lbs, but I don't know, it took people until I hit the 90lb mark before they notice, so I feel like I still have a ways to go inches wise, but the amount of pounds to lose doesn't equate.  When you get lower and lower does the change seem more dramatic with less weight loss than when you were heavier?

Thanks for any thoughts/input :)

mickeymantle
on 10/29/13 4:02 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

most women lose in there boobs first and there belly and legs last

I know its a plot lol

I lost 114 lb and still can't find a pair of pants that fit

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Nikke2003
on 10/29/13 10:52 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I definitely lost it in my boobs, arms, and face the most. My lower stomach, hips, thighs, and calves are where all of the remaining 65 lbs or so that I have left are hanging out lol. I know that SOME of it is skin, but I still see plenty of good old fat in there!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

zra
on 10/30/13 2:01 am
VSG on 02/06/13 with

I am losing slowest through my midsection, far and away. If my stomach were the same size as my butt and thighs, I'd be in size 12 pants. But, my stomach keeps me in size 16, for the moment. I've also lost very slowly in my boobs, but I've lost a lot of back fat, so my bra size  has changed significantly. I lost most quickly in my face, arms and thighs.

HW: 363  SW: 340  

Nancybefree
on 10/30/13 2:48 am, edited 10/30/13 2:48 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Basically from the top down.  Face, neck, shoulders, breasts went first but apparently still had something left to give by the time my belly, rear and legs were donating their own unwanted fat cells to the cause.  If it weren't for all of the  excess skin, you would say I was rather bony now.  My husband calls me that., in fact. 

Weirdly, my head size even got smaller.  I don't think it's just from thinning hair. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Nathalie_Can
on 10/30/13 3:46 am

Hey there,

I lost 125lbs and people tought I changed my hair....lol....the higher we are in weight, the more we have to lose to "really" see the difference.

Oddly enough, I'm the type that gains all over at once and not just one area, I was evenly proportioned even at 425lbs if that makes sense...lol...and I did the exact same thing when I lost, lost everywhere at the same time.

Try and remember if with years with gaining if a part of you got bigger before the rest caught up...might give you a better idea!

Congrats on your loss so far!!

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Lisa1023
on 10/31/13 12:06 am
VSG on 03/05/13

i feel like I'm losing everywhere BUT my gut !!  of course I know that's not true, but i was just looking and thinking this very thing a couple of days ago.  I've lost almost 130 pounds and i "feel" slim, yet my gut is still huge.   grrrr

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

KittyKarin
on 10/31/13 12:49 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

I think it depends on how heavy you are and how you are built.  Others didn't start to really notice my weight loss until after a good 60 or 70 pounds.  But I think the most dramatic changes have happened within the last 25 pounds.  I have also been running which I think has also made a difference in inches. 

I am super pear shaped (my superhero name?) and so I lose in my face, boobs and stomach first.  The last place I lose is my hips and thighs.  Hopefully, the last 30 pounds will be from my thigh region. :-)  I think if you are more apple shaped, you gain first in your stomach and then that's the last place you lose your weight.

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Most Active