7 1/2 months

lucalaw28
on 11/30/13 11:09 pm

Well as of today, after 7 1/2 months of my journey I have lost 140lbs.  It feels amazing and weird.  I thought I would feel more different, but I also feel a lot different; lol like I said it's a weird feeling.  Especially since about a week before I started I had pretty much decided to give up because I just could never conquer this.  And then one day I woke up and I could.  Divine Intervention? lol  Anyways just wanted to share, thanks for reading :)

TheDeathStar
on 12/1/13 4:15 am
VSG on 10/29/13

That is great! What feels different and what feels the same? 

lucalaw28
on 12/1/13 4:47 am

Well, I look different, but a lot of the times I have to look in the mirror to realize just how much I changed.  It is true what they said, it's hard sometimes for your mind to connect to your body.  Also, the whole diet/exercise part is easier for me now and a lot of the times it doesn't bother me that I still have months of it ahead of me, but my mind still wants to use food to cope with my emotions.  I have a greater strength and it's not as hard for me to just power on through without giving into temptation, but it still bothers me that my mind is still thinking that way.  I know that once I'm in maintainance I can indulge sometimes and also will be able to eat normally, so that keeps me going.  And also I know that I have money, I have a car and at any time I can go to the store and buy junk, but I find that I feel more in control and powerful when I decide not to go and that's something that has changed, before I use to feel like the option of buying the junk controlled me and now I have the control.  It can be soo hard sometimes, and a lot of people ask me how I do it.  I've been soo depressed and deprived my whole life of happiness because of the insecurities that being obese comes with and I think I just got to the point where I was done and even though it's hard sometimes I will never give up :)

mispysmom
on 12/1/13 9:34 pm - elliot lake, Canada
I am soooo happy for u!!

Amanda

Nancybefree
on 12/1/13 10:56 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

So inspiring!  Congratulations on your continuing success!  Thanks so much for posting your updates -- they really are helpful.  :)

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

lucalaw28
on 12/2/13 5:43 am

thanks everyone :)

Most Active