insurence denial

tanya-ann
on 2/5/14 1:48 pm - pendleton, OR

i was wondering if anyone has ever faught their insurence denial by themselve and ever won? since my insurence denied the one dr his office wont even help me becausevim not their patient yet. I totally want this and need this but im scared any suggestions

Luvs2Cruise
on 2/7/14 2:44 am
VSG on 10/30/13
mickeymantle
on 2/20/14 1:57 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

what was the reason the deniaded you , if your bmi is over 50 you should qualify

was it something not filed , did you do everything that the insurance company requested , was wls covered by your plan

It  is best that you found out that the surgeons office was so unhelpful before the surgery

I had no problems with insurance , but my office is always so helpful

the insurance person there should know how to help you and should help you fight this

my surgeon , it would be great if you could drive down south to Springfield and see my surgeon everyone loves him and the office is great ,

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

tanya-ann
on 2/20/14 9:05 am - pendleton, OR

thanks for your post I really wish that I could go some place else I know the dr I have is a great dr but being at OHSU u would think they would help you wouldn't u!!!!!!!!!!!! when they put in to see if I would be able to get the surgery approved and it was denied I wasn't I guess considered there patient and I am on my own even tho I don't have diabbetis I have.....hbp,sleep apnea,high chlosteral,bmi 78,arthuritis,lynphodemia,respetory problems,depression list goes on BUT they also said it was denied because I had 2 lap band surgerys b4 which I did awesome with I lost alomost 300lbs but with both bands there were health issues from the band and why had to be removed

Mary Gee
on 2/20/14 12:06 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Could it be your insurance carrier has a limit on WLS -- some insurer's allow only one or two surgeries for weight loss.

1.  It would be helpful to have more specific information.  Could you type in the exact language of the denial so we can get a better idea.

2.  When did you have your lapbands; why did you have second lapband; why do you need another surgery?

3.  Were you compliant with the lapbands?  What was your starting weight before first lapband; before second lapband; current weight?

4.  Who is your insurer?

I'm not trying to be nosy -- just trying to figure out the reason you were denied.  Many people have successfully appealed their denials. Some people were denied twice before getting approved.  Is this your first denial?  I also understand there is a law firm in CA that handles WLS denials.  

You can PM me the information if you want.  

I'm hoping you can at least get an understanding of your denial so you can go from there.  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Dawn W.
on 12/10/14 1:41 am

My ins company only allows I WLS surgery in a lifetime

Most Active