I'm Baaaacccckkkkk......

Linda L.
on 6/14/15 6:52 am
RNY on 02/17/15

Ok so 18 days in a nursing home /rehabilitation facility and I am FINALLY back home.  Home NEVER looked so good!  As I review my life from February til now I'm pretty awe struck in my ability to over come hurdles.  Feb 17th I had my RNY and had some complications, my lungs collapsed, I was put in a medically induced coma for over a day.  BUT I made it back went to transitional living and fought to get physically fit enough to care for myself!  And I made it home in 3 weeks and back to work in 11 weeks!  And I remember having this sense of triumph because it was a lot of hard work to recover, do physical therapy and get back to the living.  I continued swimming, joined a gym, the world was my oyster.

And then Friday memorial day weekend I fell leaving my house....fractured my left ankle, severely sprained my right and bruised my ribs.  You would think that I would have allowed THAT to bring my down but I DID NOT!  I went to a facility where I could get physical therapy and occupational therapy and I worked hard and it felt GREAT! 

What I have noticed is that I need to have goals when I set a reasonable goal I will reach it.  So now the challenge is in setting reasonable goals....lol

I see the orthopedic dr on Monday and hope to get some answers as to when I can start swimming again and doing water aerobics.  Currently my biggest milestone is I can go up and down my steps...pretty good considering I'm wearing two giant black boot casts.

My mantra has become: "I'M MAKING LEMONADE! Because that's how it felt and feels....that while life happens and I have been handed some big ole lemons I am NOT allowing negativity to win I'm gonna make me some lemonade, pour it on ice and enjoy!

Next stop.....going back to work...again..I made it 2 weeks last time lets shoot for three....lol

TimeForMe61
on 6/14/15 11:26 am - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

Good fo you for your fighting spirit!! It's incredibly inspirational that you have not let this get you down!! You have proven you can do anything and you should be so proud of your resilience!! Get better soon!!

Linda L.
on 6/14/15 7:42 pm
RNY on 02/17/15

Thanks for your response! I am a fighter in that I don't give up without one!! 

Patty T.
on 6/14/15 5:51 pm - Boalsburg, PA

I was hoping we'd hear back from you! It sounds like you are in an awesome place, both mentally and in healing. Plus your words resonate with me. I make goals so far out that I feel I can't meet them.

Linda L.
on 6/14/15 7:41 pm
RNY on 02/17/15

Patty

I've come too far to stop now! Please msg me or send me a friend request. I would love to help you set attainable measurable realistic goals! It feels Soooo good when you reach them!  

Laura in Texas
on 6/15/15 3:50 am

Wow!! You have been through a lot!! I love your positive attitude. We all need to live one day at a time.

Here's to staying healthy from here on out!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Linda L.
on 6/15/15 4:54 am
RNY on 02/17/15

Laura,

Thank you for your response!  While it has been challenging it's life! People have ups, downs and flat out hard times I believe that it is how we react to them that makes the biggest difference of all!

I raise a glass with you to staying healthy from here on out!!!

NYMom222
on 6/15/15 9:47 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Wow you have been through a whirlwind... Good for you for the positive attitude and getting back on track. Yes make small doable goals, it helps. Welcome back!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kathyjs
on 6/15/15 11:23 am

I love your attitude. This whole weight loss journey isn't just the food you put in your mouth, it's also attitude . I had surgery 12 years ago and I can tell almost the first couple posts if a person is going to be able to make this entire lifestyle change and lady , you are a winner. I will check back on you in a year 

Linda L.
on 6/15/15 2:23 pm
RNY on 02/17/15

THANK YOU for your response and support!  You absolutely check back on me in a year I will be hiking, biking, kayaking, camping, going on trips living life to its fullest!

Most Active