Hello from Chicago

aserena76
on 7/31/15 4:26 pm - Streamwood, IL

Hello from Chicago😀 Just decided to have a revision done and trying to get as much information as possible....looking at gastric bypass or DS. Look forward to hearing from you. 

Amy Michelle

E_Saenz
on 7/31/15 8:40 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I'm in Michigan I'm gonna be Sleeved on 8/12/15 what are you revising?

Elia Maria Saenz

aserena76
on 8/1/15 3:38 am - Streamwood, IL

I am revising the lap band that I had several years ago. I wish I would have done more research and am finding out through here and other patients I have met that the lap band has one of the lowest success rates out there compared to all the other surgeries. Congrats on having the Sleeve done. PS-I love Michigan btw. Spend my summers there quite often. Usually either Saugatauk, St. Joeseph, or New Buffalo. Heading to Traverse City in September for my 1 year anniversary 

Amy Michelle

E_Saenz
on 8/1/15 4:41 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

The sleeve is a tool just like any other wright loss options you have to eat higher protine and drink water you only are successfully if you work at it.  It's not easy but worth the change.

Elia Maria Saenz

Donna L.
on 8/2/15 11:35 am, edited 8/2/15 11:38 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Hello fellow Chicago person!  I just had a VSG on the 22nd at Elmhurst Hospital with Dr. Ryan Headley.  He did his residency at the University of Chicago (one of the best bariatric centers in the US) and was fantastic.  He does the bypass but not the DS at this time.  Elmhurst Hospital was also very nice.  They've just started their bariatrics program up, but Dr. Headley has been doing WLS for some time.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

aserena76
on 8/2/15 7:46 pm - Streamwood, IL

Well hello there  Congrats on the VSG. I know Elmhurst hospital very well. Yes, the only two hospitals that perform the DS surgery are UofC and Alexian Brothers in Elk Grove Village which is where I am going to have my surgery. Let me know how things are going.

Amy Michelle

Donna L.
on 8/2/15 8:26 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Things are going great!  I had a few bumps in the road, but I've been very lucky overall.  

Alexian is a wonderful hospital.  I almost did my internship for grad school there.  It's definitely a great place.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

NYMom222
on 8/4/15 10:32 am, edited 8/4/15 10:33 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I have to jump in because my son and his family live in Des Plaines, ... my grandson was born in Alexian Brothers and it was a great hospital.... Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active