Liquid/Creamy Diet Phase

healthymekg
on 2/12/16 1:42 pm

Hi everyone!  I was sleeved on Monday 2/8 and I am just trying to think of some different ideas for my liquid and creamy diet phase.  My doctor and NUT gave me different ideas that include: jello, cream of wheat, oatmeal, watered (milky) mashed potatoes, creamed soups, and broth.  Anyone have any other ideas?  I just don't want to get bored with my choices as that is my biggest concerns.

THANKS!  

Heavens2Betsy
on 2/13/16 7:28 am
RNY on 02/29/16

I haven't had surgery yet, but I was told to stick with no to very low carbs, fats and no sugars, so that means no cream of wheat, oatmeal, mashed potatoes and only fat free creamed soups.  But, most importantly I was told to stick with high protein items to avoid muscle loss as much as possible. I was told to add protein powder to things that don't have a lot of protein so that I get in at least 60 grams of protein a day.  The rule is protein first.  I'll be using things things like, refried beans with added broth to thin down, High protein pudding using sugar free/fat free pudding mix and adding protein powder, high protein jello, by adding protein powder to some gelatin, low fat cottage cheese and ricotta cheese, blended with some protein powder and thinned out with some milk,  tuna with a bit of greek yogurt and some garlic or onion, blended smooth.    Good luck!

Age: 55.  5' 8" SW 345 lbs.  RNY on 2/29/16 at UVA w/ Dr. Hallowell.     
Month 1 - 3/29/16: 319 (25 lbs. lost) | Month 2 - 4/27/16: 314 (5 lbs. lost) | 
Month 3 - 5/29/16: 303 (12 lbs. lost) | Month 4 - 6/28/16:  293 (10 lbs. lost)
Month 5 - 7/28/16: 289 (4 lbs lost) | Month 6 - 8/28/16: 282 (7 lbs. lost) |
Month 7 - 9/27/16: 278 (4 lbs lost)

NYMom222
on 2/14/16 2:54 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

There is a blog called "The world according to eggface" she has recipes on there based on what stage you are on.

If you are having cream of wheat, I would try mixing in some protein powder. even in the soup if you have plain protein powder. At this point keeping up on your fluids is the most important, getting all the protein in will come.

Even now I still have a protein drink everyday.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/15/16 5:02 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You will get bored.  

This is a very small period of time in your life.  What's important is to get your minimum daily requirement of protein and water.  Protein shakes suck.  We don't drink them because we love them.  We drink them because they are a great way to get in that protein your body desperately needs after surgery.  There are ways to doctor them up to make them more palatable.  Some people add sugar free Torani syrups.  I drank Premier Protein RTD shakes from Costco, and would add a tablespoon of sugar free pudding to vary the flavor (mixed in a blender).

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html  Here's the link to Eggface's website with specific recommendations for pureed foods.  The baked ricotta is wonderful.

I avoided the types of carbs you list above during the pureed phase.  I never ate cream of wheat, oatmeal or mashed potatoes.  I wanted to maximize my weight loss and knew carbs would slow me down.

All you can do is white knuckle it for the first few weeks after surgery.  It gets much better once you start on normal foods.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active