Anyone in Ky want a puppy?

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/06 12:58 am - Elizabethtown, KY
OT: Would u like a puppy? Well, we adopted 2 puppies at the pound the other day and brought them home. Our 6 yr old sheltie mix has been very cranky and pouty ever since. He has always been our only dog and isn't mean at all normally. He hasn't hurt the pups he just growls at them and is not acting like himself. Last night my 4 yr daughter was playing with him on her papaws porch (we were all outside with her) and Dan our sheltie snapped at her. I know that is because he's unhappy that we have puppies. So, anyone want a puppy? They are 6-8 weeks old, both female, had 2 of their shots, been wormed, and come with vouchers to get them fixed here in Etown or somewhere in Louisville, your choice. They also come with all the puppy food I have bought so far which is quite a bit, lol. One is solid white, fluffy, with blue eyes her name is Snowball, original right? The other little lady is tan with sort of black markings, shes not really got alot of black on her but its there her name is Lady. They are supposedly shepherd mixes. I put them on petfinder.com last night and was asking for a donation of $10 per pup cause thats what we gave at the pound and we have since then got their 2nd shot and wormed them. My hubby's wanting me to take them back to the pound Tuesday since tomorrow is a Holiday but I would rather find them a home. So if anyone wants them let me know. If u want to donate the $10 or whatever, its up to u. I am not asking for money. I just want them to have a good, loving home and not go back to the pound. I can email u pics if u want to see them and can meet u if u live very far from Etown. Hugs Angela
krmlk26
on 5/31/06 9:48 am - close to louisville, KY
hey angela, NO, i don't wnat the puppies, but did you find them homes yet? i have a 71 lb. boxer and a 13 lb. mini-dachshund! ugh! haha and, i am also in e-town! small world, eh?!?! e-mail me sometime! karly
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/06 9:54 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Lol, hey, neighbor! Well, we have decided to keep them. We were going to give them away cause our sheltie (he's 6 yrs old neutered) is very spoiled and rotten, he has been acting cranky with them but he's getting better. Its only been a week and our vet said it takes time for him to get used to them so we're going to see how it works out. They're so sweet I really hope we can keep them. Both little girls, u can tell one is a shep mix but one is solid white and fluffy. She looks like a samoyed. Both are rotten already. Same here, holler at me anytime Angela [email protected] [email protected] messenger
krmlk26
on 5/31/06 10:29 am - close to louisville, KY
yeah girl, i had the same problem with my weiner and my boxer! they get used to it, once someone establishes who's gonna be the den leader, or pack leader, like wolves! hahaha. i love my dogs! where do you live in e-town? you can email me at [email protected] anytime!!! we live right off the by-pass! hubby drives back and forth to knox everyday and i teach. what do you do? ok, time for bed i think, haha, and i don't even have to work tomorrow! but of course, i am not rubbing it in! haha karly PS. you look wonderful!
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/06 12:06 pm - Elizabethtown, KY
Wolves? Oh no, the white one if samoyed will resemble a white fluffy wolf when she's older. We used to live right off the bypass, Westport Rd in a townhouse but last July we bought a house. Its off hwy 62 between Etown and Boston. Do u know where White Castle and Dennys are near 65? I am like 7-8 miles from there. Its still a Etown addy but its in a rural area. Great place for walking. I am a stay at home mom and house wife. Now that I have more energy and feel like working my hubby doesn't want me too. He works for AP Technoglass down on 62 out of town. Been there for 4 yrs now. He loves it. Its night work so gives me a break to read, get online, whatever sometimes lol. He's like big kid when he's home, he has to have my attention all the time. We are usually up around here till 11pm or so. My daughter hopefully will start preschool this fall but I have to call the school over here, Lincoln Trail and see what I need to do to sit her up. I will email u my phone number privately. Maybe we'll get to meet sometime. My hubby and I are always on the look out for people to play cards with, have cookouts, we cookout and I don't get to eat much lol. Oh well. U look good to. I went to your profile and saw your pics and thought, wow, she is so pretty. U don't even look like u need surgery. Congrats on your wedding earlier this year and holler at me anytime. Gotta do the Walmart thing tomorrow and pay bills but I am usually home all the time. Oh well, I like it! Hugs Angela
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/06 11:35 am
Hi Karly! I was reading your profile. I have a Master's in Special Education too! I taught early intervention for almost 10 years, both in the classroom and as an itinerant teacher. Heather
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/06 11:26 am
Hi Angela, Your male dog will get used to them. I have an 8 year old female Newfoundland that is 110 pounds and a 3 year old male Newf. that is 190 pounds. My female is in charge and will kick his butt when she needs too LOL. She doesn't hurt him, just shows him who is boss...the funny thing is, he runs into the bushes like "ha ha, you can't get me!" The first day I brought him home, she got out of the fenced in yard and ran away from home! She was so mad. She returned about an hour later, but had an attitude about him for about a year. Now they snuggle and kiss and play out in the yard. She is (and always has been) an absolute princess and a spoiled princess at that. They are my kids...the house is full of stuffed animals, toys (and toy boxes), doggie blankets, etc. I even take them swimming in my parents pool, take them thru the drive through at McDonalds for plain hamburgers and they get stockings at Christmas. Yes, I am pathetic The important thing is to let your dogs work it out and unless your male is hurting them, don't step in. They need to learn he is the boss. He will come around and enjoy being "big brother" to them. It is also important to greet him first, make a fuss over him first, feed him first, etc. Like all men, he needs his ego stroked I really struggled with that at first (I thought it was so unfair LOL) but they are pack animals and it is natural for them. He is adorable! I saw his pic on your profile. Good luck! Enjoy them...puppies are sooooo cute and sooooo much fun! Heather
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/06 12:31 pm - Elizabethtown, KY
Thanks Heather, we decided a few days ago to give it more time. He is getting better with them. He actually lets them get near him now and they can eat out of his food bowl which really flips me out. I don't think u r pathetic, u sound like us! We love our kids and our furkids! Thanks, we're kind of proud of all of them I put a pic of the babies on my profile earlier... Hugs Angela
Most Active
Recent Topics