Almost four year out and struggling with binge eating...

Lori Black
on 3/30/11 1:17 am - , IN
Thanks Kirmy, I'm sure trying!  I like your idea of keeping your addiction on a leash.  I try to explain it to people who don't have this issue, but it's kinda like beating my head against the wall...doesn't do any good.  Maybe I should shift my focus away from where I'm at, and focus more on not shaming myself when I get off track. Thank you for the refreshing angle for looking at this. I really appreciate your insight!  =)

Lori
Victorious_one
on 3/29/11 7:25 am - South Central, PA

No wisdom, just a great appreciation and admiration for your transparency and your willingness to share with us.  Thanks, Lori.  I look forward to you making some significant headway against this enemy very soon.
Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
Lori Black
on 3/30/11 1:21 am - , IN
Thanks for your support, Nicole! 
Elizabeth N.
on 3/29/11 9:48 am - Burlington County, NJ
Lori, honey, you belong in therapy and probably on medication. Please quit trying to do this on your own. Your life is in utter upheaval and you need to get professional assistance and support. Please.
Lori Black
on 3/30/11 1:24 am - , IN
I've been in therapy since September.  I'm no longer on an anti-depressant, haven't been for quite awhile.  I do take Adderall for my ADD, but that is all for now.  Interested in learning more about the fluxotene that several websites are talking about to help with binge eating.  Couldn't hurt with the amount of stress in my life, even if it doesn't touch the binging. 

Hugs,

Lori
Julie R.
on 3/29/11 10:09 am - Ludington, MI
 I too still struggle, and truth be told, I'll bet most of us do.
I kind of do the Kirmy thing....try to give myself the weekend to eat as I please.    On the other hand, I've been in Kayla's shoes too!!    
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Lori Black
on 3/30/11 1:26 am - , IN
Yup, I've played both roles as well, Julie.  With all of the stressors in my life at the time, it's just all kind of hitting hard right now.  I don't want to rely on food to get me through, but the truth is just that I do.  I do so well, for so long, and then...all of a sudden, I find myself tearing into the sweets the same as I did when I was morbidly obese.  Thanks for reminding me that i'm not alone. 

Love,
Lori
vitalady
on 3/29/11 10:39 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
OK, we will be in Indy or not about July 17 or so, based on if anyone wants us there and is POC.

I will personally trap you between two giant Johnny's Jars and whup your patootie. I rather give you a hug. And BTW, you can whip mine for being under, unless I manage to eat myself back to normal when I see ya.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Lori Black
on 3/30/11 1:29 am - , IN
I will still be in Indy in July and would  LOVE to be your POC.  When you have an exact date, let me know.  I'll just have a pitch in at my house in your honor.  I miss you guys like crazy and can't wait to catch up with you.  Now, all I have to figure out is how to get you all to myownself for some time so that we can talk.  xoxo,  Lori   Oh, and I'll text you my email right now. 
vitalady
on 4/1/11 8:23 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I'm still in Erie PA as of Jul 15. Need to know where I'm going in OH. If I don't know by Sunday, will take the most direct route thru OH and thence to Indy, so between 16th and 19th?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 978 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 439 views