GOAL!!! Memoirs, PW, and tales of a bowel obstruction...

looking4loss
on 3/28/11 7:54 am, edited 3/28/11 8:08 am - Overton, NE
Well, here I am, only 9 months out and I cannot believe I made goal today!!!  I have always, always, set 145 as my "goal" weight loss, and have never, never achieved it.  My entire high school life, my average weight was 155, and low weight as an adult was 165, briefly. 

I can hardly recognize the person I see in the photos.  If I don't look at photos, I still think of and see myself as "the fat girl".  I realize this is going to take some time to work on, but I'm working on it.  I have never been this happy or felt this good.  It's almost hard to believe.

Now, the bad part.  I went to the ER two weeks ago with severe back and stomach pain and vomiting.  The jerks sent me home and said it was probably a "burst ovarian cyst".  I knew they were wrong.  But they sent me home anyway, and by morning, I was vomiting black stuff and blood.  I went back to the ER and they ambulanced me to Omaha where Dr. A knew right away that it was a bowel obstruction.  THANK GOD for them.  I thought I was dying.  I ended up having surgery and a week later, finally got to come home.  That week without food helped push me over to my goal weight!  Not how I'd want to do it, though... :) 

So I'm on my road to recovery at home still recouperating.  Just thought I'd drop in today since the scale finally made it.  I couldn't have done it without my OH family. 

Dammit, I can't get my photos to post.  I'll try to add them in a bit later.  Thanks for hearing me gab...:)

EDIT:

Finally got the pics to load.  Here's me last April:

And last summer, even AFTER my surgery:

And now me today:

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 8:00 am
Congrats on making your goal!!  Just sorry you had to get there the hard way.  I'm glad you finally got the help you needed and are the mend.  Sending healing vibes your way!!! 
Linda .
on 3/28/11 8:04 am - Gilroy, CA
Congratulations on making goal, even if you had to do it the hard way!
jonathanac
on 3/28/11 8:11 am - NY
I don't see the after pic but congrats on the great loss!
Highest:454~Surgery:415~Current:227~Lost:227~Goal:220

Panda ..
on 3/28/11 8:21 am
looking4loss
on 3/28/11 8:28 am - Overton, NE

Finally got the pics of me today to load, but they're WAY small.   But you can see the change!!

adkmtngirl
on 3/28/11 9:17 am - Brant Lake, NY
 still can't see them.  But I am so happy for you. 9 months and at goal? That's amazing!
Kristina

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 9:20 am
The skinny picture is still not showing up though.
But congratulations on making goal
Lisey
on 3/28/11 3:25 pm - Milwaukee suburb, WI
Congratulations on making goal!!!   SOOO reminiscent for me to read though - I lost the last 12 pounds in 10 days with a bout of appendicitis/ bowel obstruction, just sliding past goal in the process. 

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1048 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1205 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 501 views