Jay Robb unflavored egg white protein powder

morgangirl
on 4/11/11 12:19 am - MI
Has anyone tried this?  I currently use the chocolate egg white protein powder and it is one of the few protein powders I can tolerate (tastewise). 

I've tried Unjury unflavored protein and I thought it was ok, but not great enough to keep using since I could still taste it too much in anything I tried to add it to.

..Just wondering if there was anyone who had anything good or bad to say about the Jay Robb unflavored.
Michelle B.
on 4/11/11 7:02 am - Cleveland, OH
I use it.  I wasn't able to tolerate whey protein after sugery (loose stools ALL day and major rumbly stomach).  I originally bought the jay robb egg white powder in Vanilla but tried the unflavored after that.  I use it daily now, I make a shake with the powder some walmart brand crystal light type drink 3 frozen strawberries, a packet of splenda and some heavy cream.

I think it's delicious and I don't even taste the powder.  I will say that once I made the shake without the packet of splenda and it just kinda tasted blah and yucky.

Michelle
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/11/11 7:42 am - Tuvalu

I get rumbly and all expand-o on the whey powders, even if they say lactose free.  You made this sound very tempting!!
Michelle B.
on 4/11/11 8:16 am, edited 4/11/11 8:17 am - Cleveland, OH
Yeah, my protein was dropping on my 3 month labs because I wasn't able to take the whey.  I tried about 25 different kinds and this was not just a "I don't like it" thing.  I had diarrhea every half hour for about 6 hours!  I tried this and actually really enjoy it.
I've done other things like orange crystal light, vanilla SF syrup, ice, heavy cream and it tastes like an orange julius to me.

It's more expensive then whey but if it gets my numbers up it's worth it.  We'll see on my 6 month labs in May.

Edited to add:  I have to use a blender or I think it would come out kinda clumpy.  My next thing to try is an iced coffee drink.  I'm not a coffee drinker but thought I would try it out.
   - Michelle -

HW: 315 | SW: 273 | CW: 142.2| GW: 125-130

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 1:54 pm
Two things:

Jay Robb Egg White(flavored or unflavored) - GAAAAACK!

Whey Protein Isolate (Unflavred) - Great for LI(lactose intolerant) DSers!  I use Now Sports brand,,, and you can get it in a 10# bag from Lucky Vitamin!  25g protein per scoop!
Kathleen F.
on 4/11/11 2:08 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 938 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1154 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 406 views