I wish I would have has the ds and not rny

randy S.
on 4/11/11 5:21 am - brooklyn, NY
So its official.  There is an exclusion clause for this revision in my husbands contract for BCBS  Horizon NJ.  Even after they approved the surgery and said it was contractually okay.  Now what the heck do I do.  I am so disappointed.  Got in touch with Walter from Obesity Law and waiting for decision.
Is there someone excellent that does this revision from rny to ds surgery out of the u.s. that I can afford to self pay with.
I am so sad I cant even be mad anymore.
Thanks all!!!Love you guys.  I can always count on you.
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 5:29 am
randy S.
on 4/11/11 5:59 am - brooklyn, NY
I know Diana probably will know what to do.  I am waiitng for walter to get back to me from Obesity Law.
LindyLoo
on 4/11/11 5:49 am - Upstate, SC
My doc can - Antelmo Sasso Fin in Brazil.
He's awesome!
His Lap Ds's are ~15,000, not sure about revisions.
He used to do RNYs too, but has converted his practice to almost all DS as he has seen the phenomenal results.

Lindy
 sw 286/  cw 180ish  BMI 28
Thank God for the DS! It saved my life, literally & figuratively! 

randy S.
on 4/11/11 5:58 am - brooklyn, NY
This is such a special surgery (revision from a non transected pouch rny to a ds) that I am afraid to go to a surgeon not yet an expert at it.  I have never heard of Fin as one of the revision surgeons to go to for rny to ds.
Thank you soooo much.
gak
on 4/11/11 1:14 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Do not rule out Dr Fin if you need to go out of the country. He has done revisions and the people are doing great. He will write back and forth via emails or his yahoo group. His group is sort of slow, But he does answer.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

teachmid
on 4/11/11 6:33 am - OKC, OK
Have you checked the vetted surgeons on DSfacts?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

randy S.
on 4/11/11 6:48 am - brooklyn, NY
I am going to try. I think i am a little in shock. I have to breathe a little
Victorious_one
on 4/11/11 6:57 am - South Central, PA

Someone will weigh in soon about vetted DS REVISION surgeons.  That's what you need.

You can also call Greenbaum in Willingboro to see if he's back to doing Rny-to-DS revisions.  I'm not sure how much it would cost out of pocket.

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
randy S.
on 4/11/11 7:02 am - brooklyn, NY
Greenbaum will only do erny on me. Thats another story i dont even want to get into. I am still really upset about what happened with him. But i have to believe he refused me the ds for my benefit. I just do not agree.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 928 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1146 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 404 views