OT: CT Myelogram

PamtasticNewLife
on 4/13/11 1:40 am
Ok, so I finally rescheduled it for in morning my first. This dang test involves a spinal tap! I've always heard they were painful? Call me a woosie but I'm scared of the pain. So can anyone ease my fear?

I would greatly appreciate it. Have you ever had one? Did it hurt? Any advice?

Thanks
Pam
Emily F.
on 4/13/11 9:43 am
A friend had one, they say not to sit up for 5 hours so you don't get a headache, he waited the 5 hours and still got the headache. Apparently it lasts for a few days. That's all I heard. Good luck, I hope it turns out well.
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/11 10:17 am
 you will actually be told to elevate your head for the next day/night. Not to lie flat.

I've had 3 done over the last 6-7 years and they where not painful, I did not enjoy it, but painful it was not.
I would consider it uncomfortable. 

Don't get to worried about it, try to relax, just tell them that you are very anxious about it, they may give you something for it.
gak
on 4/13/11 12:30 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
I have had a few over the years.. Relax and follow the directions. It is a little uncomfy, but if your nervous have them give you something. I did not find any of them painful.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

PamtasticNewLife
on 4/13/11 11:24 pm
Our router went out last night at home. So I have no Internet.

Laying on stretcher waiting for nurse to come put in IV. I appreciate the answers to my post. Hopefully they are going to give ms something to relax me.
But kinda doubt it my bp was 96/49 a few minutes ago.

I'm freezing in this dang room! Please Keep me in your prayers or swinging critters whatever.

Thanks
Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1028 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1193 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 485 views