I am glad I had DS, and a WOW!!!

worlfree
on 4/19/11 4:53 am - DivaTown, NC
First off I am so glad I had DS, listening to all the issues at group, those that had Gastric bypass had so many issues.  I was the only one with DS, some tried to say negative things about me having DS, but I let them know, that I have no issues like they did, dumping, only eating a tiny bit, then getting sick, cant keep anything down, depressed cause of their issues.  Me I'm a happy camper, I eat what I want, never had to throw-up..hmph I bet if they could do over they would have went with DS, cause I was the only one smiling and had a positive attitude.  Dont know if I'm going to the next one cause I'm always the only one with DS, and they only tend to focus on RNY, so why bother..

Any whoo, I LOVED the scale they use at the Dr office cause mine was off, when I stepped on the that joker it said 188, mine said 191..

LOVING THE HELL OUTTA MY DS....

sosoclark
on 4/19/11 5:04 am - Sacramento, CA
You go girl!!!! I am so happy for you.

Sophia

beemerbeeper
on 4/19/11 5:14 am - AL
You are lucky that you have the NC DSers to meet up with!!  I did that RnY support group thing too and found it completely unhelpful.  I guess that is why the DS cruise is so important to me.  I don't have a local DS support group.

Congrats on how fantastic you are doing!!

~Becky

amccu18007
on 4/19/11 5:43 am - Newark, DE
Very cool on the weight front I haven't even tried to go to my local support groups as I know that I will be the only DS'r there. I don't even know if I will be welcome.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

kjfras
on 4/19/11 5:52 am - North Lauderdale, FL

Congrats on the good news...I always love when you step on a different scale and the numbers are BETTER than expected! 

I hear you about the RNYers....go back in 5-10 yrs and let's see how many of them are still *****ing and have actually gained back weight like I did...it's not it's all cracked up to be!  I bet many will be revising to DS further down the road.

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

scoob
on 4/19/11 6:08 am - Somerset, KY
So happy for you!! WoooHooo on the 188!! I always have a smile at the support groups,local. I'm not the only DS most days but we are WAY out numbered! Keep lovin' that DS!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

GloryG
on 4/19/11 8:11 am
Congrats and great news. Yes, you have to stand up for yourself with the Duke support groups. Thanks for sharing. My pre-op was the same with all RNYers.
Mommy2006
on 4/19/11 10:22 am
Rock on! I am overdue for my 6 month appointment, debating the group. Might as well go, though I'm not sure why. :D
pycca
on 4/19/11 10:44 am - Haslet, TX
YOU go girl !!! Congratulations !!

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 12:43 pm - Yorktown, VA
Congrats on doing so well!

If my insurance covered the group (it does not), then I'd go if it was following my appointments just to set the record straight with the staff.  (I did this until I realized I was going to have to pay $130 out of pocket every tme!  No thanks!)

When I have gone, I've always been up front with the staff about my diet and vites and have had no problem correcting them when needed......even "arguing" with Dr. Sudan about vites and labs.  One good thing was that at my 12 month appointment in November, he had me meet with his PA and an intern to "teach" them about the DS as his star pupil  I was caught off guard and feel like I rambled and rambled because my mind was racing with thoughts of having to make sure they get everything they need to from me!  LOL!

I'm bummed that I won't be back in the area until November to meet up with you guys.  We WILL have to do it again when I do come!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1029 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1193 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 485 views